All reviews front desk olive restaurant getaway package hot tub hotel stay boat cruise hotel restaurant pool area onsite restaurant lots of parking beds were comfortable fitness room one night stay orillia area swiss chalet up to date pleasant stay
Reviewed 8 November 2015 via mobile

We stayed in the King Suite and I'm glad we got the upgrade because I don't want to think what the regular room would have been like. We had to ask for soap as there was no soap, shampoo, conditioner or kleenex in our room. When we stopped by the desk and asked for soap they wanted us to take it with us instead of delivering it to the room. We tried to have dinner in the restaurant, but we didn't have a reservation so the girl just left us waiting without letting us know if we would get a table. We waited almost 10 minutes and she hadn't come back so we left. The shower head pulled away from the wall almost 2 inches when I tried to adjust it. The hot water took 3 minutes to even get warm. Holes in the robes. And then we were startled awake at 6:30 am when the person in the next room was showering. The plumbing sounded like an earthquake even rattling the dishes and doors on the kitchenette. When we mentioned it at the desk during our immediate check out, we were informed that they would let maintenance know again (clearly it's not the first time) and after all it IS a 45 year old building! The woman was rude and acted like we should expect problems. We will NEVER go back.

Date of stay: November 2015
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank ShonahMD
Michelle W, General Manager at Best Western Plus Mariposa Inn & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 10 November 2015

Thank you for your review. We are very sorry to hear about the issues you had during your stay. This is not our common practice and we would like the chance to make it right. Please feel free to contact me directly so we can discuss this matter further. 1-800-461-0283 Ext 5300

Reviewed 2 November 2015

I stayed with my daughter for a group event a couple of weeks ago and enjoyed the room. It's well appointed, clean and up to date. However, I am really disappointed in the service from the staff including the flippant front desk clerk, the dishonest cleaning staff and most importantly the GM. We left in a hurry and checked out leaving something important in the room (there is absolutely no doubt that it was there because we deliberately put it aside not to forget it!). I called a few hours later to let the staff know and to find out how I could get it back. I even suggested I drive the hour and half out there to get it. I was told that the cleaning staff didn't find it (impossible) and when I suggested in a nice way that perhaps there's a misunderstanding and asked what should we do about it, I was instructed to leave a voice message for the GM. It was a Sunday evening. I did leave a friendly but concerned message and have not heard a word back in over a week! Not only are the staff dishonest, the GM, Stevedoesn't care about their guests enough to even call them back. We stay in Orillia for a number of reasons at least twice per year. I will not return to this hotel for that reason alone. The item wasn't terribly valuable but it was important to my daughter. There are other examples of poor service but this one really bothers me.
Best Western Couchiching isn't as modern but the service is amazing and I would recommend it hands down over Mariposa. We'ves stayed there a few times and will go back for sure.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Llayno
Michelle W, General Manager at Best Western Plus Mariposa Inn & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2015

Thank you for your review regarding your stay with us at BEST WESTERN PLUS Mariposa Inn & Conference Centre. I apologize you did no receive a call back as you indicated, I will follow up with our AGM, as this is not common practice for him or the hotel. I have investigated into the lost item and spoken with the staff involved. As soon as you called the hotel, the room was checked for the item, and nothing was found left behind. In addition, the Guest Service Agent that you spoke with did also personally check the room a second time, and reviewed the lost and found, as well as the housekeeping carts. Unfortunately, there was no record of the item being found. On Monday, we did follow up with the Housekeeping Manager and the Housekeeper that cleaned the room, and both have indicated that the item was not in the room on her entrance to service the room on Sunday after check out.

I understand your daughters personal connection to the lost item, and can imagine her disappointment losing her special item. I do apologize that you feel that there is dishonesty regarding your item, as this is not the case. The staff did take immediate action to try and locate the item and if it was found, we would have assisted you in having it returned. Please feel free to contact me directly at 705-325-9511 at ext 5300.

Once again, my apologies that the lost item and its follow up resulted in such an unpleasant stay and over all impression of the hotel.

Reviewed 1 November 2015

Extremely friendly service, spotless rooms and comfortable bed at a very fair price. A good basic place to stay if you are in Orillia for a few days. I have stayed here several times and have always had a great experience.

One thing I noted this time was the quality of the sheets was a bit basic for my liking. I haven't noticed this before. I don't know if there was a recent change.

The location is very handy for downtown Orillia and is close to most of the big chain eateries so there is lots of available choice.

Note - I have given it 4 stars because of the overall easiness, friendliness and cleanliness not because I view it as a luxury property. Also note, there's no view. It's just off the main road but is quiet.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank TheGentleGourmand

Thank You for your review. We are happy that you have chosen us as your destination when visiting Orillia, and we look forward to seeing you again on your future visits.

Reviewed 28 October 2015

Fair quality for the cost. Room and facilities are clean. Room was well prepared and was very clean. Despite large number of people staying at the hotel, it was quiet. Only problem is noise from heating unit.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
2  Thank Robert H
Michelle W, General Manager at Best Western Plus Mariposa Inn & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 18 December 2015

Robert H,

Thanks for the great resview Robert, we hope to see you again soon.

Michelle Weber-General Manager

Reviewed 17 October 2015

The Mariposa Inn (Best Western) in Orillia was a delight! We had finished our annual fall leaf tour and had been to the nearby Casino Rama and were ready to just take some R&R. The check-in process was fun... I enjoyed talking to the front desk staff about our trip and the amenities of the hotel. The room was near the front as we had requested. The Grape & Olive Lounge/Restaurant had great food and the service was fun and friendly. The morning breakfast (not free) was hot and tasty and even though there was a bit of a wait due to a short-staff situation, everything stayed positive for us. We chose to sit at the restaurant bar, which worked for us and for the staff. All in all, a wonderful experience at this Inn.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
1  Thank Penny W

Hello Penny W,

We are really glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to see you again soon.

Michelle Weber-General Manager