All reviews great location lemon water room was clean sausage boat cruise free wifi short walk to the waterfront no elevator laundry facilities within walking distance would definitely stay here again waffles the king size bed the breakfast area flat screen tv downtown area breakfast was included
Reviewed 6 November 2015

We recently spent a few nights at the Comfort Inn and Suites Thousand Islands while filming a few episodes of our television show. The staff was very courteous and the rooms were clean and quiet. The hot and cold breakfast selection was perfect for those who don't have a lot of time to spare in the morning and the location of the Inn, in relation to the core of Gananoque, couldn't be more convenient. We'll definitely be back next week!

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled on business
Phil B, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Thousand Islands Harbour District, responded to this reviewResponded 9 November 2015

Thank you for your review and thank you for choosing to stay with us. We are delighted to see that you had a great experience and you enjoyed our breakfast selections. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 28 October 2015

The location of this hotel is good - close to the town and the lake, and also the road to Kingston. The bed was very comfortable and the room and ensuite bathroom good. The person on reception was also helpful when we needed to make a phone call and the phone in the room didn't work - he let us use the phone at the front desk free of charge. I know this is a chain hotel, but I feel they could do a bit more to give it character. The walls and trim are painted a boring beige and the artwork is very bland. Can't they put a bit of local color in these places? The breakfast was not too bad but again very "plastic".

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
Phil B, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Thousand Islands Harbour District, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2015

Thank you for your comments. I'm happy to read that you enjoyed the comfort of our beds and the room. I will pass on your comments regarding the painting and artwork to the appropriate department of our organization. Thank you and we hope to see you again.

Reviewed 25 October 2015

Stayed recently for one weeknight in October. Room was a bit expensive I thought being a week night & off-season. I could have gotten it cheaper by $40 via Hotwire but chose to book directly with the chain. At check in I asked for a better rate but was flatly refused.. oh well next time I will hotwire it! Gentleman at check in explained to me the hotel is an older property that was expanded and renovated... I guess he put me in one of the older rooms. My first impression walking in the room from the creaky hallway floor was it was an old room refurnished and repainted... however they left out the bathroom in the upgrades! It looked very old, bath tub and shower and décor was very 1970's. Tub didn't drain properly when showering... also the neighbour shower could be heard very clearly in my room... very loud pipes that woke me up at 5am!
The bed was very comfortable and linen clean and there was a newer model flat screen TV... however the channel selection was poor. Before I showered I did see a long hair (not mine) on the shower wall. Maybe it was from the cleaning crew? Possibly since other than that the room was very clean...albeit rug looked very old and I'd hate to see it under fluorescent light and there was dirt in the window area. Peep hole on the door was no good... appears to be stained with paint droplets!
There is a pool which I was told was heated... I did go for a quick dip and I guess the heater wasn't working to well... it was quite cold and the floor of the pool was pealing off in places. Sadly there was no hot tub. Breakfast was not that good... main course consisted of disgusting looking sausage + egg patties. Luckily they had toast and yogurt which is safe. The coffee was actually pretty good. I would not stay here again as there are many other hotels in the area which would be comparable and much lower priced.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled solo
Phil B, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Thousand Islands Harbour District, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2015

Thank you for taking to time to comment in regarding your experience during your recent stay. I greatly appreciate you taking the time to bring these matters to my attention and apologize for any inconveniences.
It is our goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations and your comments are very important to us. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome the opportunity to improve.
Once again, we appreciate you taking the time to share your comments with us.

Reviewed 19 October 2015

The good - We stayed in one of the newer rooms. The room was very clean and well decorated. The bed was super comfortable. The TV was very large and the reception was perfect. The parking is free and easy. There are two chairs in the room so you do not have to sit on the bed. The breakfast had many choices. The room had a large (for a hotel room) fridge and a microwave. The staff was courteous. Checkout was easy.

The bad - The room smelled strongly of air freshner (pine). I couldn't locate where it was coming from but it's a bit much. The other things were more room specific. Our room was on the first floor right off a public patio area with seating. The door made a loud slamming noise when people accessed their room from the patio. There was a lot of hall noise as well. The stairs were right beside our wall so you heard a lot of thumping when people went in and out. Our room accessed the public patio via a sliding door so if you want privacy you need to keep your curtains closed. The rooms on the second floor have sliding doors with balconies. I can only imagine that in the summer this could be quite a noisy spot. If I stayed again I would ask for a room on the second floor on the side not facing the courtyard and parking lot. The wifi was abysmal. Virtually unuseable from our room.

Good place for families and a good general hotel if you get a room in the right location.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
Phil B, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Thousand Islands Harbour District, responded to this reviewResponded 20 October 2015

Thank you for taking the time to comment regarding your recent stay. We're happy to hear you enjoyed your time with us. It is our goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations and your comments are important to us. The feedback that I have received from you will be passed on so we can take actions to improve and to avoid similar situations in the future. Once again, we appreciate you sharing your comments with us. Thank you.

Reviewed 12 October 2015

This property has only been open for a year and it shows it. I mean that in a good way. Newness abounds. The bi-lingual desk staff is extremely helpful in aiding the unfamiliar tourist in pin-pointing what they wish to see and do in the area. We were in town to attend a play and take a 1000 Islands boat cruise. When we booked our room here, we were unaware that this hotel was within walking distance of the Springer Theater, Gananoque Boat Lines and the excellent Maple Leaf Restaurant. The price was moderate and the room was great.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
Phil B, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Thousand Islands Harbour District, responded to this reviewResponded 13 October 2015

You are absolutely right! Guests love our location. Just park your car and enjoy the beautiful town of Gananoque and the 1000 Islands. Thank you for your comments and we hope you have the opportunity to stay with us again.