All reviews seafood restaurant under new management front desk clerk check in was easy onsite restaurant enjoyed our stay jacuzzi tub rooms were very clean included breakfast sausage casino mcdonalds fridge channels supper gan
Reviewed 4 August 2016 via mobile

We are staying here 2 nights. Room is very clean tide. Room accommodation feels like home. So quite. And motel manager and staff are so nice people they are help me out for all tourist location in gananoque. And including morning hot breakfast. And main thing is you don't need to go far for dinner. Because This motel has own restaurants in same place. That's food is so delicious. I had enjoyed a lot with my family. So next time when I travel on 401 east so I'll definitely stay in GANANOQUE'S QUALITY INN & SUIETS.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank JITEN P
Reviewed 4 August 2016 via mobile

Came here on a little family vacation from Toronto and really quaint place. The front desk clerk offered to upgrade me to a family suite which suited all my needs. the breakfast was okay lots to offer .

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Pushpa P
Reviewed 3 August 2016

This is a two stories classic shaped motel, which is much less than the standard of hotels offered in Tripadvisor. the noise of the air condition is unbearable. The maintenance person said that such a noise is standard - not for me! Breakfast was less than satisfactory. Cleanliness is average.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank gioram
Reviewed 1 August 2016

We stayed here on July 26 - 28. Upon arrival we learned that we were not entitled to any further discounts i.e. CAA because we booked through Hotwire. The gentleman on the desk very graciously updated us to a suite. The suite was lovely but their cleaning staff are lacking. We found an empty Tim Horton's bag under the bed!! The hotel (as well as what we could see of the town) is quite dated. The pool is small but it is heated which is nice for swimming after dinner. Breakfast is included which is nice. The main draw of the breakfast is the make your own waffle machine which was quite busy our first morning there.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Pam D
Reviewed 1 August 2016

I should start by sharing that the Quality Inn was not my first choice of hotel – we left our booking to the last minute and this seemed the best of the remaining options available. I knew not to expect a stellar experience, but I left feeling like it still under-delivered on my expectations.

We stayed in room #157, two doubles on the ground floor with a door and window that faced the back of the hotel and adjoining restaurant. This location was rather unfortunate as the food smells and garbage from the building/restaurant clearly attracted a lot of flies. When we entered our room, so did at least a few of these creatures, and we spent the first half hour leaping around the room chasing them with a rolled up magazine. Good times! The rest of the stay, every time we entered or exited, it became a comical farce where we had to line-up, and dodge quickly in and out to avoid any unwanted winged guests.

The room was musty and damp. The under-window AC unit worked, but was very noisy, not pleasant for sleeping (especially for whoever was on that side of the room/bed – like sleeping by a wind machine). Lighting was terrible. Didn’t help that one of two light bulbs in the bedside lamp was not working, or that there was no lighting at the back of the room near the bathroom.

Level of cleanliness was really lacking which gave me the heebee jeebees. Stain on the bedcover. Comforter was white, but really yellow from age and use. Dried up squished bug guts on the wall. We had brought an inflatable mattress so one of us could sleep on the floor, but decided against it. Didn’t help that the carpet and furniture (armchair) were dark, which make me wonder what amount of dirt and stains was actually present.

The bathroom was fairly small, decent counter space, kitted out with shampoo, conditioner, moisturizer. However, the room was really showing its age – old, dirty tiles with crumbling grout and paint. The toilet was very old – and you had to hold down the handle for it to properly flush. Shower/tub stall was cheap, plastic, cramped (and I’m petite!).

Nice that there was a microwave and small fridge. TV was a large, modern flat screen. Wi-fi connection was strong. Desk staff were friendly. Free breakfast was OK (toast, eggs, sausages, yogurt, fruit, waffles, cereal), but the restaurant it is served in was, again, rife with flies which just made the dining experience really uncomfortable.

Location was convenient – beside McDonald’s, across the street from Tim Hortons and other amenities.

Considering I paid CAD $232 (all in) for the double room, I really can’t say I got good value for my stay. Certainly we weren’t expecting a 4-star experience, however I have stayed at similar budget/lower-end hotels in the past which have provided clean rooms that I can feel comfortable sleeping in. Hopefully this Quality Inn can improve their housekeeping (and pest control) situation to better deliver on its name!

Room Tip: Avoid rooms near the back of the hotel/restaurant to reduce the odds of flies infiltrating your room!
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family