All reviews gastro pub attached pub meatloaf jeff sue soaker tub webster room exceptional hospitality lovely room boat tour great bed and breakfast generous hosts place to stay gluten free bread within walking distance overlooking the river minute walk host and hostess
Reviewed 6 September 2017

I have stayed a number of times at this B&B and each time absolutely thrilled with my stay. Jeff and Sue make it home away from home. They really do!! They both go out of their way to help you feel at home. The 4 rooms are spacious, clean and homey. This past trip in May was a high school reunion. Jeff helped reserve a table in the pub and recommended local venues (golf & playhouse), Jeff set us up at a fine dining restaurant and offered to drive me to Kingston and back when I had some car troubles. The pub is fantastic with music and great food/service. Love our morning breakfast and talks on the porch. Great location. You won't be disappointed. Thanks

Room Tip: "Third floor is all yours with a great view". Frederick very cozy. "2nd floor "river side room" has a kitchenette and extra rooms
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 September 2017 via mobile

Stayed one night while making our way up to Quebec for a fishing trip. Awesome clean rooms, great location, delicious breakfast, and fantastic hosts! Wouldn't stay anywhere else in Gananoque. Thanks Jeff and Sue! Your friends, Christine, Joann and Rich

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 August 2017 via mobile

Jeffrey and Sue were the most amazing hosts ever! We couldn't have imagined a better place to stay at for our short trip to the Thousand Islands - bnb right at the river front! They made us feel so at home: super comfy beds, air con, homemade breakfast by choice (pancakes, bacon & eggs - to name just a few) and just the way they were and welcomed us to their home. They also own the pub in the same house where we went for Trivia night and a late night snack - great food too! All in all, an absolutely great experience! We recommend this place wholeheartedly!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 August 2017

This place is extremely well located for cruisers, fishers and theatre goers. It is absolutely NOT "handicap accessible" so if you have difficulty managing stairs, move on. Our suite (Webster Suite) was very large having a bedroom, bathroom, living room and kitchenette which was very handy. Unfortunately, there is zero parking at the B&B. It is first come, first serve street parking so again, if walking is an issue, move on, but if not, you will enjoy Jeff and his lovely wife for sure. They are people people. They do not get in your face. They check you in, help you if needed, provide information qnd provide a very substantial breakfast. Basically, you have 4 choices for breakfast each day and what we had, very good and very substantial.

I have mentioned the non accessible issue only to ensure the right people book into this property as it is extremely hard climbing stairs when you walk with a cane but again, getting a 4 room suites with breakfast for $00 a night, giv or take, is pretty darned good...and the added bonus is that it is attached to an Irish pub with great grub too.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Davax
Stonewater, Owner at Stonewater Manor Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2017

Thanks very much for your kind words Davax. It was a pleasure having you and Sandy as guests. I'm sorry our stairs to the bedrooms was a detriment for you, its true our old Victorian home is not as accessible as we would like it to be, but we try our best to accommodate everyone's needs if possible. I'm so glad you enjoyed the pub, it's the reason we don't have parking right on the property lol. The garage and driveway were repurposed to become Stonewater Gastro Pub. I would like to say however that Jeff and I are always prepared to ensure our guests have a parking spot that is close to the B&B. Thank you again for your input. We value our guests comments.

Reviewed 20 August 2017

We bought the theatre-dinner-B&B package and couldn't be happier. Jeff was very helpful and accommodating, making sure there was fresh fruit, toast, peanut butter and jelly so I could have a vegan breakfast instead of the usual fare of pancakes or bacon and omelettes.
The bed in the Williams suite was very comfy, although I found the window air conditioning unit to be noisy because I'm not used to having one in my room.
The gastro pub next door was also really good, taking the time to make sure I had a tasty meal free of animal products. My partner had the fish and chips and loved the panko batter on the fish.
The location of this great B&B couldn't be better. It's a 5 minute walk to the gananoque boat line in one direction, and a 5 minute walk to the theatre in the other direction. I'd happily stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple