All reviews pot of tea make tea on arrival home made cakes kitchen area egyptian cotton sheets warmest of welcomes sitting room b and b self catering three nights overlooking the garden bed and breakfast fresh fruit salad barn conversion received a very warm welcome lovely hosts
Reviewed 16 February 2017

Thank you once again for our valentines stay Tim & Aly
Weather was kind to us & as normal a warm welcome to your home.
Great breakfast
Amazing fire to relax in the evening
Again meeting friends
Special times.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 February 2017

My husband and I just spent 3 nights at Camomile Cottage - it was perfect! Aly was such a friendly, lovely hostess - it was just like meeting up with an old friend. We had so much to talk about and she made us feel so spoiled. The cooked breakfasts were delicious - our room was lovely and it was so nice to be able to sit in our own lounge. My only disappointment was that it was too warm to have the fire lit - I had been looking forward to that! Ah well - we'll just have to return one day ...

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Mismeg
Reviewed 20 January 2017

Wow, wow, wow. I stayed here 1 night as I was working locally.

Camomile Cottage is c.1570-1600, rustic timber framed and absolutely beautiful. It is located on the outskirts of Eye, tucked away on a peaceful secluded lane.
When I arrived Aly the hostess welcomed me with a hot chocolate and pastries, & showed me around the guest accommodation part of the house which is completely separate from her residential part, so very private. I was on my own as there weren't any other guests so had the place to myself.
The cottage is absolutely luxurious; the furnishings and decor are antique and fabulous, just like a 'Homes & Gardens' glossy magazine feature!
There's also a kitchen area downstairs stocked with a choice of teas and fresh coffee that you are always welcome to use anytime you want to make a pot.
Upstairs my room was again, like the rest of the house, heavily timbered, ensuite with a comfortable bed.

Next morning I was served a relaxed and generous breakfast in the delightful oak framed Garden Room. On offer are a variety of cereals, yoghurts, fresh fruits, orange juice, and a selection of cooked breakfasts, I was spoiled for choice but eventually went for Eggs Benedict.

Eye is a beautiful historic little town with a good local pub. I would definitely return if in the area again.
A very special B&B.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Bubbles73uk
Reviewed 16 January 2017

I Have to say my wife and i have travelled a lot and stayed in many hotels and B&Bs , this has to be the best B&B we have ever stayed in , the house and grounds are fantastic and the welcome we received from Aly was lovely and the tea and cake on arrival was a special treat , Aly has a warm welcoming and witty personality that made our stay very special , The Breakfast had everything you could ever want , the only down side was that we wished we could have stayed for longer , will be coming back again in the future, Thanks for everything Aly , Mitch & Sally Cunningham

Room Tip: All Rooms are great
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mitch3345
Reviewed 22 October 2016

Had 3 days at Camomile Cottage for my ??birthday. WOW! This place is so beautiful in every possible way. As we arrived Aly was waiting to greet us along with Fozzie her adorable dog. We were warmly welcomed by this lovely lady who served us tea and home made cake in the guest lounge which is so comfortable and homely.
Our room was spectacular. Beautifully furnished, comfortable and so quiet. A nice touch was the vase of flowers and the chocolates in the room.
Breakfasts were a special treat with lots of choice including Aly's home made bread. Her scrambled eggs are divine!!
There are just 2 guest rooms which adds to the personal touch so carefully managed by Aly and Tim.
This really is a very special place to stay, set in the countryside of Suffolk. Aly and Tim are wonderful hosts making us feel very very welcome in their home.

Room Tip: There are only 2 guest rooms which are both beautiful
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple