“Family dinner ”
Review of Lupa Osteria

Lupa Osteria
Ranked #9 of 93 Restaurants in Fourways
Reviewed 25 February 2018 via mobile

We tried Lupa Osteria in the December holidays .
The Italian Nachos were highly recommended by family and friends on previous visits. This novel creation is awesome. There is no equivalent dish we have tried before anywhere else !
We ordered 2 portions, which were eaten quickly , and had to reorder 3 portions to fully satisfy ourselves.
Melanzane parmigiana was our alternative starter which was also good.
We ordered a combination of vegetarian pizza and pasta .
Margherita / Capricciosa (less the Ham )/ Mexicana (less the bolognaise ) were enjoyed by all.
Penne Arribiata / Asparagus and ricotta Ravioli were our pasta choices , all good too.

Reviewed 20 February 2018 via mobile

We met for dinner with friends and had a really nice evening. Staff is super friendly and the food is good. We shared an antipasto platter which was delicious. Our mains were good. Great pizzas and pasta. My veal dish was nice although they could improve on the vegetables. The ice creams are delicious! All in all a very pleasant evening.

Reviewed 28 January 2018 via mobile

We were a family of 18 people celebrating a birthday party . The service was ok but the quality of the food was very disappointing. For an Italian restaurant to serve frozen Lasagne which hadn’t even been properly defrosted is not acceptable. My Fettuccine Alfredo was very dry and not creamy
My wife’s Gnocci Marinara was not creamy nor tasty . The Pizzas ordered by other family members were also dry . My mother’s Kingklip was good though .
Overall a disappointing meal which should have added to a celebration but sadly did not .

Reviewed 13 January 2018 via mobile

We were all very impressed ( once again !! ) From a very friendly welcome to amazing dishes and service ! The staff are on the ball and always making sure that everything is in order ! I had the Seafood Fettuccini which was the best I’ve ever had - just enough Chilly and very fresh ingredients - the pasta was amazing ! The outside seating area is cool and festive and the overall atmosphere is one of being “ away from it all “ !

Reviewed 27 December 2017

My daughter usually stick to 2-3 types of meals when going out. She said she'll try something else and ordered the kiddies Spaghetti Bolognaise. The portions were well sized (not like some places who think kids don't eat at all!). She claimed it is the best meal she ever had.
As I was pouring my drink, I found a fly... Before I even realised what it was, a passing waiter took the drink and immediately replaced it.