“Disappointed with the food”
Review of Nao sushi

Nao sushi
Ranked #190 of 621 Restaurants in Burnaby
Price range: US$9 - US$17
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 4 November 2017

Nao used to be my favorite but I was really disappointed with the Ichi roll I ordered today. Will not go there again.

Reviewed 6 August 2017

My family and I have continued to visit this restaurant for many years. The quality of the food is still acceptable; however, service was appalling during our last visit.
The highlight of our dining experience was when the server brought the miso soup and put it on my plate. Not on the table - on the plate (see photo). I'm Japanese, and I don't think that's custom. I think that's absolutely unacceptable. こんなこと見たことない!

1  Thank junnkunn
Reviewed 20 July 2017 via mobile

This restaurant is very close to our home and we've been its regular customers for over 5 years now and I don't see why would it change. The menu itself is pretty big, amazing variety of nigiri sushi, food tastes amazing, great choice of lunch sets, staff is friendly and attentive, prices are very moderate. It gets pretty crowded sometimes but I can see why.

Reviewed 11 June 2017 via mobile

This was our go to neighborhood Japanese restaurant for the past few years but unfortunately the service and quality of food has really declined. They were closed for months for renovations but we haven't noticed any changes except for some tables are missing. The seating now is very limited and the servers aren't as friendly anymore. The food is still decent.

1  Thank MiloLeChat
Reviewed 17 February 2017

Sushi quality is decent, but the restaurant lacks in customer service. Was recently told there would be a minimum 3 hour wait for my small take out order (just for 1 person! Can't imagine the wait time for large order). In the restaurant itself, it can difficult to get attention, the takeout pickup procedure is chaotic. You feel rushed and in the way. I had been a customer in the place but find it going downhill, so hadn't returned for a long time. I regret it. If they can improve their kitchen, staffing and customer service it would be better recommended.