“Hope it brings back old menu and dish presentation.”
Review of Nao sushi

Nao sushi
Ranked #189 of 618 Restaurants in Burnaby
Price range: US$9 - US$17
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 31 January 2017

Our favorite restaurant before, we dine there at least twice a week back then. Then they had changes on their menu and took a lot of our favs. Visited last week and noticed that they don't give you pickled ginger automatically anymore but has to ask for it and gives you a minute amount. Also, they changed the way they serve the dishes now, it's like they're trying to cut down on cost. We hate to lose our fav sushi place and its so close to where we live. I hope they bring back the old menu and serve dishes like before.

Reviewed 26 January 2017 via mobile

Been coming to nao for a while now, first time we tried it as a recommendation from a friend. When we arrived there was a long wait but we stuck through it. Pretty much everything is well priced and the servers are very kind. Authentic Japanese food and they serve hot food which is always nice to have.

Reviewed 22 January 2017 via mobile

We saw that the restaurant was busy and thought we would give it a try. I ordered the California Roll and JB roll. The rice was overcooked and pastelike. It had no flavor and was hard to eat. My husband got the teriyaki don and agadashi tofu. The chicken had no flavor and tasted like old pre cooked chicken fried with no seasoning. It's safe to say we will not be coming back.

Reviewed 21 December 2016

When I was there in Oct, I was told that the restaurant has been closed an renovated. Now it is more spacious, though less table. Food remain good quality. To order take out like party tray, get 10% off if order a day or longer ahead.
I used to enjoy the big jar of pickle ginger on every table, now no longer exist. I guess isn't is due to health standard.

Reviewed 9 October 2016 via mobile

On my another trip to Canada I decided I'll go to different sushi restaurants in the area and none of them was as good as Nao, especially they offer very reasonable prices! Delicious sushi, sashimi, ikura, everything, service very kind as well. Recommended!