All reviews ferry terminal strip mall starbucks coffee complimentary breakfast central location front desk staff recommend this hotel one night stay business trip quadra island an older hotel room was clean small room would stay again pleasant stay hash browns french toast
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I stayed here for 3 nights with my parents, the rooms were ample size with all the facilities you would need. Good views over the straight and perfect location for all the tours and trips. Pet friendly too.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
Cindy H, Manager at Coast Discovery Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

I'm happy to hear we met your expectations and you enjoyed your stay with us.

Hope to see you again soon,

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My room smelled poorly and the fridge had defrosted and pooled water on the floor. They did nothing to compensate me for this "Premium" room. Had they addressed my concerns my review would read differently. All in all, that was a disappointing and costly experience.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Coast Hotels

Hi Mr. Beaton,

I'm sorry you had an issue during your stay and that you didn't feel the compensation we gave you was enough. We credited your account as soon as you got in touch with me and made me aware of the issue. Unfortunately with offering the convenience of appliances in the room for our guests we do run the risk of them breaking down at times and they only way we would know if it was broken is by a guest letting us know if it stops working outside housekeeping hours.

Please contact me if you would like to discuss this further.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Appliances were extremely loud; couldn’t fall asleep. Talked to Lisa (asst mgr) at the desk in the morning and after telling me how much pride they take in having great customer service, she didn’t make any effort to offer any form of compensation for a terrible night because she felt I should have gotten out of bed to complain in the middle of the night so that someone could come fix the fridge at 2AM. My husband (who is deaf) was sound asleep; why would I get up and wake him in the hope that a repairman or front desk staff can come into our room in the middle of the night. Even an offer for lunch or a discount on rate would have been appreciated after a sleepless night but she chose to tell me I was in the wrong. Her response was more patronizing than helpful.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 September 2018 via mobile

We booked a 2 night stay at this hotel 5 months in advance of our stay. The hotel tried to take full payment for the room at 8am on the day we were due to arrive and our stored credit card didn’t work. We were emailed at 8am and told unless we called with new card details by 4pm we would lose the room. We were due to arrive at the hotel around 6pm. It’s lucky we managed to pick up this email on WiFi as we are Australian, were in transit in through the USA on our way to Canada when it arrived and we don’t have a local phone or data package.

Long story short, we provided alternative card details through the booking app, the hotel said they couldn’t process this card either and confirmed they wouldn’t hold the room past 4pm, despite us confirming we definitely need the room and were on our way to the hotel. This was the last message we got before we started our stressful 7 hour journey to the hotel without further access to WiFi or a phone, praying we weren’t losing our booking. Thankfully the card payment DID go through when we were in transit but we didn’t know this until we arrived.

Whilst we understand the need to provide credit card details to secure a booking, we were very disappointed the staff weren’t willing to give us the option of settling the account on arrival after our second card did not initially work and it was clear we would show up for the booking. We would not recommend this hotel to anyone on the basis of this negative experience.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank annefletcher21
Cindy H, Manager at Coast Discovery Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2018

I'm so sorry to hear that you were unhappy with the way our staff handled your reservation. It is a difficult situation for us and the guest as we just unfortunately can't hold a reservation for a guest without a valid credit card. We understand that our guests are traveling but it is up to the guest when booking to give us a valid credit card when asked if they would like to guarantee a reservation past 4pm the day of arrival. If you didn't show for your room we have no way to charge for a no show if we don't have a valid card, this means we have turned away other business holding this room and then when a guest doesn't show we are stuck with no payment. This is a policy you will find many hotels have of authorizing a card the day of arrival to make sure it is a valid card. Our staff went above and beyond to reach out to you to give you the chance to call us to validate your reservation, I'm sorry you didn't feel this was enough but we did the best we could when we couldn't get an authorization approval for your card.

Reviewed 9 September 2018

Satisfactory room and good location. Hot breakfast was below normal for hotels/motels with hot breakfast included. No elevator or ram for luggage to the second floor.

Service was satisfactory, but given confusing directions.

Good downtown location, but thy apparently really boost the price during the summer. Suggest the relatively new Comfort Inn or Best Western

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JimRich90402

I'm sorry to hear you didn't enjoy your stay with us and we failed to meet your expectations. We have rooms that can be accessible by an elevator if you make that request at time of booking our agents will be happy to find a room type suitable for your needs. Our full hot breakfast buffet serves meat, potatoes, eggs, french toast or waffles, fruit, toast, muffins, hot and cold cereal, juice and coffee all served with fine china and cutlery. Our rates are very competitive with our neighboring hotels and it is a high convenience for most of our guests to be right in the heart of downtown whereas other hotels are 2 or more km away.