All reviews theme suite short walk into town rooms face grizzly bear lodge patio doors great bed room balcony amazing hotel ocean view a bit tired breakfast was included flat screen tv off the menu watch the cruise ships change rooms ground level coffee maker
Reviewed 26 August 2017 via mobile

Upgraded us to the English Countryside Suite for our honeymoon and they were very accommodating. Being English ourselves the room was very entertaining - there was even a wagon bed and an in room jacuzzi! Staff were helpful and friendly.

Stayed: August 2017
Bev H, General Manager at Anchor Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2017

Congratulations and your recent wedding and thank you for choosing to stay with us for your honeymoon.
I am glad that you found The English Countryside room to your liking and that you enjoyed your stay.
I will pass on your comments to my staff. It certainly pleases me to hear that you found the staff friendly and helpful and we hope we will see you in the future as you celebrate my anniversaries to come!

Reviewed 23 August 2017

The hotel has a great view of the ocean from most of the rooms, which was nice. The included breakfast was quite nice for a continental buffet style breakfast.

The women at the front desk was quite cheerful and pleasant.

The rooms could certainly use a remodeling. The bathroom was so tiny we could barely open the door if someone else was already in the bathroom. All the noise and smells from the hallway came right into the room through the front door, which wasn't the most pleasing.

There were no chairs around the indoor pool, so nowhere to put any towels or items brought to the pool.

One night we ate dinner at the hotels restaurant, which turned out to be quite a mistake. We ordered salads, burgers, and clam chowder, and there were only a couple other groups in the restaurant. The server told us there was only one cook working so it might take a little longer than usual for our food... well we sure didn't expect the almost hour and a half wait for the food to arrive. Mediocre food at best. No offer of compensation for the delay. Any gesture would have made a big difference, but not even a free drink or simple appetizer to hold us over.

I would try another place before coming back and would definitely only eat breakfast there.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family

You raise many valid points which we are addressing and I thank you for acknowledging the friendliness of the front desk staff. I am pleased to advise that we will be embarking on a remodel of our rooms.
I do apologize for your experience in our restaurant for dinner. We, like many other hospitality establishments in this area, are struggling with staff shortages this summer. That being said, you definitely should have received an offer of compensation.
We hope that you do visit us again on your next vacation to see the improvements that are going to be made in all areas.

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to write an honest review.

Reviewed 21 August 2017 via mobile

My husband and I just got married a couple weekends ago at Anchor Inn and we chose their "Rockstar package".
If you're looking for a 100% stress free wedding and a helicopter ride with your spouse into the mountains for photos, this is the place to go!
Our reception and ceremony was set up beautifully and the food was absolutely delicious!
Because of them, I got to ditch the stress of tedious wedding tasks and enjoy my wedding day with my family and friends.
It's clear that they're main priority is making sure that you're wedding day is absolutely perfect, I don't know if any other venue would let us play bagpipes and drums in the reception hall!!
So a big thank you to the hotel manager, Bev Heperger, and all the staff involved in the Rae Navid wedding! You guys are amazing!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
manager07, General Manager at Anchor Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2017

Thank you so very much for your review. It was indeed our pleasure and honor to plan and host your very special day.
I'm so glad that everything worked out perfectly and that you got to enjoy your wedding day - STRESS FREE!
I will pass along your comments to my staff. We sincerely appreciate your business and would love to see you again when you are in the area.

Sincerely

Reviewed 20 August 2017

Our holiday company booked us in here and I will be suggesting that they don't use it anymore. I had read a lot of the reviews before we left and wish I had asked our agents to move us. The main entrance, which is at road level, takes you into the fifth floor of the hotel. The entrance to floors 1-4 is downhill around the back, with another entrance. Floors 1 and 2 are obviously the cheapest rooms (we were on the first floor). The website claims that all rooms have a private balcony but there was no solid division between them and you could see all the way along the balconies, which each had two cheap and nasty plastic chairs. Third floor rooms and above had more private balconies. The sea views were spoilt by the cars in the car park which were parked right up to the balconies. The restaurant has a huge window the full length of the room, overlooking the ocean but could be so much better than it is. The furnishings are very dated, the breakfast buffet was lukewarm at best on the first morning and many of the plates were dirty with dried scrambled egg. They only offer a buffet dinner which did not appeal to us so we walked into town (15 minutes) to find a restaurant. The furniture in the bedrooms was quite badly scuffed, the television shelf was very dusty and there was a fridge with a microwave on top placed randomly between one of the beds and the bathroom. There was no kettle in the room so I asked at reception and was given one. When we checked in we were advised to take pool towels before they ran out, which we did, but didn't use the pool as it was quite dingy. There is no obvious security for the entry to the hotel from the car park and we were shocked to find our room left visibly open on the latch, presumably by the cleaner, when we returned from our day out. There is a nice outdoor terrace from the fourth floor but that really is the only positive thing I can mention. They claim to be the only ocean front hotel in the town and perhaps they rely on that to get customers. The ocean front motels a bit further down the road looked much smarter. With a bit of vision and some investment it could be so much better. There are not many pictures on the website, obviously for very good reason. If you have to stay there, avoid the first and second floors.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
manager07, General Manager at Anchor Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2017

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Some of things you mention have changed since your review. Due to our guest's comments, we no longer serve the evening buffet. We have gone back to our full menu. The 1st and 2nd floors are undergoing renovation and there will be dividers between the patios.
We do have a future vision for this hotel and will be working hard over the winter to complete many interior upgrades. We are focusing on outdoor work while weather permits. I hope you come back next year to see our very much improved property.

Sincerely yours,

Reviewed 19 August 2017

Motel is located very well right on the seafront and very close to the town center but far enough out to be quiet.
Staff were friendly enough, and parking was plentiful.
From the outside the motel looks a bit rundown. The driveway is cracked concrete and there was a lot of litter. The hallways to the rooms were very old fashioned looking with a 70s style carpet. My wife remarked that it looked like the sort of place Jack Nicholson might run...."here's Johnny!!!"
However the rooms were surprisingly large and clean, the beds large and comfy, and with a fridge as a bonus. The rooms all look out over the ocean to the mainland and the sunrise was awesome from the balcony.
Breakfast was a standard North American....eggs, bacon, sausages and cereal. Needed something like tomatoes or beans to liven it up a bit, but it was plentiful and sufficient if a little bland.
Overall a fairly pleasant night but nothing special for the price.

Room Tip: Rooms on highre floors might be nicer, but lower floors for good seaviews
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I appreciate your candor and agree with most of your comments. We are going to be undertaking a massive renovation project which will address most of your concerns. The driveway will be re-paved and the interior will undergo a complete face lift.
I am glad to hear that you found our rooms comfortable and spacious, because after all, our aim is to provide you with a clean, quiet comfortable room to enable a good night's sleep.
Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we hope you come back and check our newly renovated facilities when we are done.

Sincerely yours,