“Scores for Everything ”

Royal Coachman Neighborhood Pub
Ranked #27 of 149 Restaurants in Campbell River
Cuisines: Canadian
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Pub style, listed on other food travel sites. Appears to have been there a while. Maybe a name change?
Reviewed 24 September 2016 via mobile

Recommend by my companion, I admit that as an Englishman I had a bit of a sinking feeling about an 'English Pub' in Canada. I needn't have worried because once past the pub-themed decor things just got better and better, to the point where I was wishing that pubs back home were more like this! Food is top-notch and good value in a country where eating doesn't come cheap. Everything I had tasted super fresh, was well cooked, came in generous portions, and didn't try to pretend to be something it wasn't, with good use make of local ingredients. Service was swift, helpful and highly professional. One to put on one's top list.

1  Thank dovidola

Reviewed 18 September 2016 via mobile

I have eaten many a meals and enjoyed many a cocktails at the Coachman through the years and find the atmosphere and food to be stellar. I have used the coachman's catering department many times through the years as well.
Leading the catering is Gwen, I am going to start off by recognizing Gwen's professionalism and clear communications. We had a 50th wedding anniversary to host on the weekend and had The Coachman cater the event for us.
Dennis (head chef), again did an insane job on the meal, stuffed tenderloin, everybody raved about it!
Dinner was to be served at 5: and it was on plates by 5: the carving Chef was engaging and ran his station like a pro.

There was plenty of food, all fresh, well seasoned and we could not have been prouder to serve it to our 100 guests.

Thank you to the bartender who was friendly, up beat and professional right to the bitter end.

The clearing and serving staff on the floor doing the least glamorous job, you were awesome. All smiles and beyond our expectations.

Thank you Gwen and Dennis at the Royal Coachman! You always come through and exceed what is expected.

1  Thank mernajean
Reviewed 14 September 2016

I saw 2 ads in the local paper for a Sunday brunch and thought this one should be good. We did get there in the last hour but the quality should be the same from beginning to end. The eggs Benny were on biscuits so hard you couldn't cut them. The waffles were soggy. My husband chose a seafood omelette which came hot but had a fishy taste, he didn't really enjoy it. When he tried to cut his beef it was a little tough so we ended up just wrapping it in a napkin for our dog. The desserts were mostly cheesecakes like the kind your would buy from M&M meats or the grocery store I expected something nicer than that. Definitely wouldn't do that again.

Thank DavidandChristi... A
Reviewed 13 September 2016 via mobile

Great food served here! The ambience is charming old English style with exposed beams and fireplace to cozy up in winter months. Staff is friendly and quick. Full bar menu and wonderful food from bar style appys to full roast dinner with all the fixings!

Reviewed 9 September 2016 via mobile

Overall it seems like the coachman has slid. The food used to be better a few years back. I think they need some fresh ideas and a few changes. Service has always been reasonable.