All reviewsgreat priceone nightno frillsfriendly ownersvalue for the moneythe ownermotelbc
Reviewed 26 January 2018

We were tired at the end of a long day of driving, so the very plain hotel worked just fine. we slept and were not disturbed in any way. A pet friendly hotel with great location near the highway and near restaurants. Just fine.

Room Tip: All the rooms face the road.
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 January 2018

My husband and I had been travelling for Christmas 2017 and flew back into Vanc Airport. On our drive back to Kamloops, we got caught in a monster snowstorm near Hope...of course we did...worst weather always happens there! We decided to call a halt to our driving and get a room in Hope for the night. The first place we came upon was this motel! Yeah it is a very basic motel room, smelled a bit musty, concrete walls that had peeling paint in the bathroom, outdated décor, but I can tell ya it was a huge relief to find this place on a very nasty night! The front desk staff were very friendly and helpful and the price is right!! We had a good dinner at the family friendly diner right next door called Rolly's Restaurant. Good food...nothing fancy...but served by very cheerful servers. I did check the mattress for bed bugs, I have to admit, but neither my husband nor myself had any problems.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 May 2017

The rooms were clean, but the motel could need a little upgrade (as any motel in the same price range). However, I felt very welcome a the continental motel and the owners where friendly. They also charged only the rate for a single room, although I got a room with two beds.

Room Tip: second floor
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 3 April 2017

Cheap enough place to stay. No frills, no extras and no room cleaning if you are staying more than a day. Could use some updates. Older a little run down, the furniture is mismatched and the towels need to be replaced.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 March 2017

This property was our favourite pet-friendly accommodation until our last trip in January 2017. We have successfully stayed several times over the past couple years. As a BCAA discount member, the convenience of a family restaurant next door, and the proximity to the Lower Mainland (we regularly travel from Prince George, BC), the Best Continental Motel had a lot going for it. BUT, in January, the room on second floor had an odour as soon as we opened the door. We called the front desk and suggested that the communal ashtray outside the rooms air conditioning unit may have been drawing smoke into the room? We noticed our dog refused to go near one of the beds. In the morning, I woke up with bud bites on my upper arms, wrist and waistline. I did call the office once we arrived home and explained what we had experienced. I asked what their bed bug detection policy was.....I was informed they had never checked for these pests and had no policy. I would have thought that a BCAA property would be obligated to check their rooms on a regular basis in order to have the BCAA discount? Unfortunately, my husband will not consider a second change.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple