“Happily impressed ”

Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 14 August 2017 via mobile

Stopped here for dinner one night. Absolutely amazing sushi for a small town location. My boyfriend and I were so impressed that even though we were stuffed we had to try their banana tempura.

Reviewed 13 August 2017 via mobile

Good local spot for sushi. I didn't see a single Japanese person behind the counter and it wasn't totally authentic but pretty good regardless. Not air conditioned and only one server across all the tables, so not good for those in a rush. We had a large sashimi platter, edamame, shrimp tempura, chicken terryaki bowl, and avocado rolls. Sashimi a 3/5, a bit mushy. Terryaki bowl had lots of vegetables with a good sauce and nice amount of chicken. Shrimp tempura 4/5, very good! Friendly service.

Reviewed 8 August 2017 via mobile

Some other reviews have referenced the service but we went in for an early dinner and the service was delightful. A really nice little sushi place - it's not quite up to the level you would get in the best sushi restaurants in big coastal cities but, for a small town a long way from the ocean, it was really very good. Worth searching out.

Reviewed 19 July 2017 via mobile

Our one dinner our as a family while vacationing in the area and so disappointing. Waited 20 minutes before anyone even acknowledged us. Finally got seated and ordered than the real wait began as tables after us got their food before us.... at one point my hubby asked if the boat sank! They didn't ask if we wanted beverages and when our shared meal came no offer of side plates. At the checkout I communicated our disappointed of the cost and service in which I was given a coupon for a California roll?! Sad as while it was terrible service and expensive fir what you get the food was actually good!

Date of visit: July 2017
Reviewed 6 July 2017

My wife and I have been going to this restaurant on a regular basis for several years as it has always been good, in fact I wrote a review a ways back saying that I have never been disappointed, until today.
We sat down, ordered what we wanted to drink and eat,finally after 35 minutes my wife asked the waitress why it was so slow getting our food.
We were given this song and dance about how it was being made fresh. We know that as we have eaten there many times.
Finally the soup came 40 minutes later, it was the wrong soup and I had discussed that with the waitress.
Then immediately on top[of that the food arrived and it had meat dumplings which I specifically asked not to have.
The food was fine but there was no wasabi or pickled ginger, I decided not to ask the waitress as it was becoming to much work and went straight to the sushi chef who took care of it immediately.
I think that the waitress was having an off day as previously she was quite good
For the first time in my life I didn't tip

Date of visit: July 2017