“Great food !”

Cuisines: Greek, Pizza
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 15 February 2018

We went as a group of 4. The staff were very friendly and the service was excellent. The establishment was clean and accommodating. They also have great food! Thank you and yes we will come again.

Reviewed 8 February 2018

Loved this place always took visitors there. Took company on Saturday night was so embarrassing and disappointed. The carrots were like mush everything but the ravioli they dropped on the floor when they took it out of the oven was hot.

Reviewed 30 October 2017

We went as a family with young kids for an early dinner. I'd heard that this was a great place for families and indeed there were a few tables with kids in the echo-y front area, separated by the fireplace from the more mature guests.

The service was really good, with a kind and responsive waitress. The kid menu was also really good value with options for $6.50 but I was surprised that there weren't pizza or Greek food options. C'mon, it's pizza! And kids! And it's a pizza restaurant! They got burgers.

My husband and I shared a calamari appetizer and one of the sharing platters of Greek food. The calamari had a nice light batter but the uninspired squid (octopus? couildn't tell) made the overall effect bland and too crunchy. The tzatziki was fine, but I actually had to add salt to the calamari (and I usually find restaurant food overseasoned). The portion was generous but it was extremely average, not very tasty or succulent at all.

The platter was generous also, lots of food. It had two delicious dolmathes per person, a good amount of nice fresh salad with lots of feta (but only three olives to share between two people which is just asking for conflict), another dish of the nice tzatziki, a dish of frankly weird hummus, a giant bed of slightly over-vinegar'd rice, and one each of beef and chicken souvlaki. The souvlaki was fine, decent but nothing special, and had five pieces of meat per stick (again, a dish for two should be easily sharable, IMO). Other than the salad, the meal suffered from too little salt and not quite enough freshness.

The kids had to be coaxed to eat their burgers and fries, which leads me to think their meal was about as inspired as ours. It honestly seemed like the whole meal was brought by the Saputo truck: adequate enough but a long way from the quality I've learned to expect from other restaurants in Nelson.

Sorry, Leo's. I wanted to love you.

Reviewed 23 October 2017

Second time visiting this restaurant, NEVER AGAIN.
We saw our waitress a total of 3 times, once when we placed our order, once when she brought our food, and again at the end. We waited over an hour and half for our food, with three little ones, and had to ask for water, when she brought our dinners over, twice! Plates from appies were not cleared, and we were never once asked if our meals were ok, or we needed anything else.
The food is big portioned, but mediocre, certainly not worth that wait or bad service. Oh, and there are no changing facilities for babies, I had to place my young one on the counter after wiping water off it to change her...but the kids get crayons and a page to colour....
Will not visit again, nor recommend this place....way better restaurants in Nelson! (A&W gives better service!!)

Reviewed 16 October 2017

This was the first time we visited Leo's since their new location. I guess we were just spoiled at their last location, the service was much faster. We arrived at 6:00 pm on Saturday & by the time we received our meal it was after 7:00. I find that unexceptable, I don't think we will be going back anytime soon.