All reviews library lounge the pub general store mike's place spirit bar fourth floor historic hotel live jazz juliet suite breakfast was included modern amenities hot breakfast limited parking liquor store room rate beautiful room air conditioning
Reviewed 12 September 2018 via mobile

What a great place! Parking isn't easy but they do have some places in the parking garage next door or you can pay to park (not expensive). The receptionists are very good. We were pleasantly surprised that we were upgraded to a suite which was beautiful, comfortable and awesome!
We ate dinner in the dining room and it was delicious! My husband had the skillet lasagna and I had the chicken and prawn tortellini. Both were delicious. I couldn't finish mine (they came with a salad). My husband had an apple pie which was really good. Our waiter was Kris. He was fantastic. He knew the menu and helped us make good decisions on what to order.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 September 2018

This historic hotel is beautiful and offers so much. Covered parking, a restaurant,a lounge,a spirit bar,a pub and a full service salon/spa. We ate dinner in the lounge which had amazing food and live jazz on a Wednesday. We got a couples massage at the spa. Wendy (RMT) and Amanda did a fantastic job. So relaxing, best massage ever! Both were very professional and knowledgeable,with pleasant and relaxing personalities. Now about Jennifer in the pub... I could right a whole page on her great service. I was already impressed just watching her greet her patrons by their names already knowing what drinks they would likely order (regulars i'm sure) but still impressive. She then ended up assisting me with keeping a surprise massage for my wife secret till the last minute. She actually had to run up to the spa on the second floor to do so.Later while visiting with my wife and I she realized that we had reservations in the restaurant and thought that we might prefer the lounge. She explained that it had live music and the same menu as the restaurant but was geared more towards adults having a pleasant evening. We agreed and she promptly ran off to change our reservation and reserve us the perfect table in the lounge.She truly is an asset to this already great hotel. So I mentioned a few that really made a difference in our stay at the hotel but really the entire staff was so accommodating several went above and beyond to make our stay pleasant.I Highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 September 2018 via mobile

My wife and I spent just two days and nights in Nelson at the Hume Hotel. It might be a little bit more expensive than some others in town but overall it’s arguably worth the extra amount if you value ambience. The hotel has great, restored decor but with modern amenities, and great service all around.

The food was also very good; dinner at the Library (great desserts, large enough to share!) and breakfast in the morning at the General Store was also good. There are enough very good coffee bars nearby to get breakfast items but maybe save those for a snack or lunch and make use of the complimentary breakfast when staying at the hotel. For breakfast you don’t order off the general menu but get a selection of 4-5 items that are made to order, including a daily special.

The uncovered parking lot is smallish (perhaps 16-20 spots?) but we were lucky enough to grab one for our stay. Otherwise the parkade is conveniently located right next door.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 August 2018

The Hume is a comfortable, well-maintained historic hotel just 1 block off Nelson's lively Baker Street. The rooms and facilities are all carefully maintained, the staff are all friendly and helpful (the housekeeping staff are great), the included breakfast is cooked to order. We'd certainly stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 August 2018

My husband wisely bookended a long camping trip in Banff with posh(ish) hotel stays. On our way back to Seattle, we stopped in Nelson and stayed at the Hume. Everything about our stay was excellent. I absolutely loved the boutique hotel's architecture and decor, including our spacious and very comfortable room that overlooked the town's historic courthouse. We visited the Hume's on-site bar (a fun place for beers and pool) and restaurant (not the best food in town, as is typically the case with hotel restaurants, but still enjoyable) and appreciated the free breakfast. I also made a last-minute appt at the Hume's spa for a lovely pedicure (my nails still looked great a month later). The staff throughout the hotel were courteous and helpful. I'm not sure when we'll make it to Nelson again, but we will definitely stay at the Hume again when we do.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple