All reviews no elevator free coffee in the lobby stay there again rooms are clean enjoyed our stay front desk clerk stayed for nights bed was very comfortable home away from home balcony bridge motel orange tv downtown microwave suitcases
Reviewed 24 July 2016 via mobile

We stayed one night in a room with two queen beds. The room was clean, the beds comfortable. The fridge inside the room was handy. The staff were helpful and very friendly. It took us minutes to walk across the bridge to the Lakeside park for a morning walk on the path system. The drive to downtown was 9 minutes long. We wanted a budget hotel and we were very satisfied!

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 23 July 2016

We were a family of three so our room with two Queen beds was more than enough. The room was clean and comfortable, with a balcony overlooking the lake. We were able to make coffee in reception all day long but as our room was on the second floor it would have been easier if we'd had coffee/tea making facilities in our room. The hotel is situated (as the name suggests) on the north shore of the lake over the bridge so you really need to drive to get to downtown Nelson.

Room tip: No lifts so if you have a mobility problem, ask for a room on a lower floor.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 16 July 2016 via mobile

An oldy but a goody. Great views from the North Shore Inn. Very economically and clean. Didn't mind going down the stairs for the fresh coffee in the morning. The staff on duty when we arrived was very friendly and accommodating. First time I had to pay extra for my 11 year old but I was aware of this before hand so it was not a surprise.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 13 July 2016 via mobile

We rolled into Nelson last night without reservations. I see no point spending $200/night for a room I'll only sleep in for a few hours so at $95 the North Shore Inn fit my needs perfectly.
The beds were clean, the showers were hot, and the staff was friendly. What more does a person really need ? The free coffee in the lobby helps too
Being right on the highway I worry about the bikes sitting outside but here I didn't have that feeling.
Next trip thru I'll be booking here. It fits us perfectly

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 July 2016 via mobile

Very affordable little place to stay! No elevators so be prepared to hike some flights of stairs with your luggage. It is not updated but the rooms were very clean and the service was great. The view from the balcony was awesome! Definitely recommend this place if you're traveling on a budget.

Date of stay: July 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple