“Best chocolate croissant ever”

Kootenay Bakery Cafe
Ranked #1 of 2 Bakeries in Nelson
Reviewed 14 October 2018 via mobile

We stopped by while visiting Nelson for the weekend. It had a great variety of foods including pastries. I went back Sunday but they were closed. I should have stocked up Saturday..if only I’d paid attention. The chocolate croissant was to die for. I’ll be back someday

Reviewed 1 October 2018

We stopped here and grabbed some treats and some bread rolls. The treats were nice and what we thought were spinach bread rolls turned out to have jalapeno in them and I was not able to eat mine and had a stinging mouth for several hours. Have suggested that they label any food in bags on display and hopefully they will take this on board.

Reviewed 18 September 2018 via mobile

This is a great spot for breakfast or lunch. I came for lunch and had the verde sandwich. Is was very good and not too filling. I also had a chai latte which was good.

Reviewed 29 August 2018 via mobile

BIG selection. The Cheese croissant are mouthwatering. Service Canadian style friendly! Located right on Baker Street making it a convenient stop when enjoying shops.

Reviewed 21 August 2018 via mobile

We were getting ready to wrap up our great Canadian adventure and saved our breakfast hunger for the Kootenay Bakery. The sausage rolls are very good and hit the spot. The cinnamon and blueberry rolls are also tasty. The bakery does offer full breakfast options, but we did not try those at this time. The coffee was good and a double Canadiano is worth a try. Service was efficient and friendly. We would return.