All reviews best westerns attached restaurant hot tub baker st front desk staff in town within walking distance shops and restaurants hotel restaurant comfortable beds flat screen tv convenient location nice room great place to stay nelson bc home away from home bw
Reviewed 1 June 2016

Poor parking area - open area, lots of street people are in area, car better be locked up good! No covered area when unloading luggage and passengers. They do not provide a breakfast. For a Best Western "Plus" there is not too much in the way of "Plus"!

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Harold P
Ryan M, General Manager at Best Western Plus Baker Street Inn & Convention Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2016

Hi again Harold! I am really sorry you felt so let down and that our big parking lot was not fully covered for you. That Nelson rain can really come down at times and I apologize if you got damp. We do have a very large green awning for unloading luggage and passengers but perhaps it just wasn't big enough.

We actually do provide a great breakfast! We offer a Breakfast Rate that includes it but you opted for a cheaper rate that unfortunately does not include it. Next time give it a try as we have a very tasty breakfast menu.

Just so you know, on our most recent Quality Assurance inspection that Best Western headquarters conducts, we actually scored the highest in the province. I have already emailed you directly but if you want to provide any more feedback and why you were so dissatisfied, I would certainly like to hear it so that we can improve. Your feedback is value and I appreciate your honesty and candor. In the meantime, we will look into a building a large roof over our parking lot to keep you nice and dry in the future.

Reviewed 31 May 2016 via mobile

The hotel is very clean and centrally located. The staff there are so warm and friendly. All the staff seems to be genuinely happy and that sure is contagious. Free parking and WiFi that never dropped out. The view is great in both directions.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 May 2016

My first visit to this hotel which is on Nelsons main downtown street (Baker) and literally steps away from the bustling city core. Property looks new (is it or just excellent maintainence), very comfortable rooms and helpful solicitous staff. Parking just across the street from the hotel. Full service onsite restaurant (which we did not try) with a standard range of dishes. Would definitely stay here on our next visit

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 May 2016

Loved the convenience of the Best Western, could walk around the city and see all the interesting stores and lovely architecture. The rooms are very nice and very clean, and the staff were nice and friendly. Would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 May 2016 via mobile

I spend one night every week in this hotel. Every time I'm here I'm greeted by the friendliest staff I have ever delt with and on top of that the hotel is clean and well maintained. The hotel is also in a great location to be able to take in the beautiful down town!! Great job Ryan and Staff!!!

Stayed: May 2016, travelled on business