Free cancellation until 27/07
Free cancellation until 22/07
US$239
US$224
Hotels.com
Ocean Sands Resort(Parksville)(Great Value!)
US$313
US$251
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$282/night.

US$253
Sunrise Ridge Waterfront Resort(Parksville)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 26/07
US$334
Orbitz.com
Arbutus Grove Motel(Parksville)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 27/07
Book now, pay at stay
US$138
Beach Acres Resort(Parksville)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsmini golf next doorfree roundbumper boatssleeper roomparadise fun parklate arrivalpicnic tablesbbq areanice clean roomsgrassy areawould definitely stay here againcomplimentary breakfasttwo storymini fridgeisland highwaybed was comfortablerv park
Reviewed 4 August 2017 via mobile

The “sleeper” room we got for July 17 &18 were in the back of the resort on the second floor. It was quite quiet. The room was quite clean but being a “sleeper”, it did not include a kitchen (microwave, refrigerator or utensils). If one is staying for a week or more, I would recommend a larger room with kitchen. The beds were quite comfortable. The bathroom/shower was very clean.

The wi-fi was not consistent but worked well at non-peak hours. I can only presume the peak times dictated the bandwidth speed.

The free continental breakfast consisted of two juices, coffee, tea or milk; hard boiled eggs, bagel, English muffin, croissant or toast. There were also two cereals and fruit (banana/orange/apples).

I did check out the BBQ area consisting of two BBQ’s and these were under cover. There were also 12 deck chairs and 3 near new wooden picnic tables for guest use. I could not find any BBQ’ing utensils but I am sure if I asked the front desk, they would provide them.
In the “sleeper” room category, there were no plates or eating utensils. But, I am sure if I asked, the requested utensils would be provided.

We brought our own deck chairs and were very comfortable in the picnic area.

The motel is close to Quality Foods and Thrifty Foods and one could purchase their BBQ foods and really enjoy the full motel’s capabilities.

The Paradise mini-golf is ten paces from the motel and a round of mini-golf is also included in your daily rental fee. It was packed with young families!

It must be noted there was a distinct lack of yellow jackets or mosquitoes.

I felt like I was in my own backyard at this property! It was very comfortable and I provided my own ITune music.

I would definitely recommend this property as a budget conscious choice and I would definitely stay here again but upgrade to a kitchen suite.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Yowser46
Reviewed 5 July 2017

Due to extreme ferry traffic on the Canada Day week-end, we weren't able to get to the motel until 2:00 AM. I had called earlier to alert motel staff, and our key was readily available outside the main office. Front desk service in the morning was friendly and efficient. The room was clean and the beds comfortable. I also rate motels by their showers and this one had a high flow and lots of hot water. Excellent. The complimentary breakfast was fine and complimented the coffee in the room. The stairs to our second floor room and the balcony leading to the room are sound absorbent so the sound of coming and going guests are minimized. There is a mini golf next door and this is complimentary to hotel guests and is a favorite if travelling with younger children. The location is an easy walk to a McDonalds and to the Parksville Beach and boardwalk. All in all, a great location providing very good value.

Room Tip: I didn't mind the street traffic but rooms at the back of the premises would be quieter.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank PickingPal
Reviewed 26 May 2017 via mobile

We booked this motel to break the trip to Tofino. It's clean and comfortable and the staff friendly and helpful. You also get the bonus of a free minigolf match. There is a very nice beach board walk nearby.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 March 2017 via mobile

We come to Parksville every summer and stay for a little over a week because we couldn't stay that long this time we decided to stay in this little motel. The rooms were clean, the breakfast could use some improvements. The couple that runs the motel you can tell are trying their very best and take pride in their work. The free mini golf you
get when you stay is a added bonus. It is centrally located to everything in town. Each room has a tiny kitchenette. Take advantage of the BBQ and picnic tables they have for
use. The one major downside to this motel is that it DOES NOT have air conditioning....which on warm summer nights makes it very uncomfortable and hard to sleep. I think they should invest in small
portable AC units that people could
rent if they wanted to. It would make such a huge difference.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Lazeo68
Reviewed 18 March 2017

This simple roadside motel puts the bar very high when doing a road trip. After my first visit iall other motels seemed to be lacking something because this one has it all; cleanliness, super comfy beds, kitchen facilities (no stovetop), all kinds of amenities, cheap price, friendly staff, views and best of all, free breakfast. Oh... I forgot; free miniput, when in season.

Stayed: March 2017