“Try to have a dinner. ”

Beijing Grand Restaurant
Ranked #35 of 97 Restaurants in Port Alberni
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 31 October 2017 via mobile

Restoran almost empty. Service below 0. I am Caucasian no chopsticks for me, no tea. Only by special request. Menu very limited.

Never going back

Reviewed 21 July 2017 via mobile

I had lunch, with a good friend , yesterday. We weren't overly hungry, so the spicy prawns, and steamed rice was just what the doctor ordered. A generous helping of crustaceans, and a bowl of steamed rice hit the spot. Fragrant, pleasantly seasoned shrimp were extremely tasty. Simple , Spartan decor, fast service, and friendly accommodating staff. A nice little mom and pop boîte. Clean restroom. Well worth the visit.

Reviewed 7 May 2017

We ordered delivery in Port Alberni, having been told by friends who have eaten Chinese food a lot of places that this is really good. I have to agree. This is the closest I've come to the really excellent fare we enjoyed in San Francisco's China Town. The ginger beef was amazing, with real ginger in it, and the lemon chicken tasted very fresh and good (although the sauce was almost orange.). SPring rolls were decent - maybe a bit too greasy for my taste, but everyone else gobbled them up, mushroom fried rice wonderful. Note: The menu we found online had confusing combo items - with strange names. We just asked for dishes we had other places, by name, and were bowled over. Good call.

1  Thank G C
Reviewed 17 October 2016

A long running restaurant that needs some upgrading. The food, in general, is pretty good. One of the only places that serves duck.

Reviewed 10 August 2016

My sister and I went to the Beijing Grand restaurant while visiting Port Alberni a couple of weeks ago. What a mistake!!!

The waitress/owner was surly, sour, and so obsessed with her cell phone that she served her only other customer while talking on it.

The entree I ordered, szechuan beef, was totally inedible. When I indicated that to the waitress/owner, she claimed it was my fault for ordering it. I then requested a different dish and she said she would subtract the bad one from the bill. Upon inspection of the bill after we left the restaurant, we realized she had NOT subtracted the foul food. We were forced to bring it to the credit card company's attention.

There are several other chinese food restaurants in PA. I highly recommend that you go to one of those instead of the Beijing Grand.