“wonderful food”

Seh-Mi Sushi Japanese Restaurant
Reviewed 23 August 2016

The food here offers a variety of both cooked, uncooked fish and great vegetable alternatives in the customary sushi rice rolls

Reviewed 29 July 2015 via mobile

We weren't expecting a so good restaurant in a hotel in the middle of our way to Ucluelet, at the road! The prices are very reasonable and the food is very good!

Reviewed 18 November 2014

I rarely eat in at this restaurant. I like the food for the most part, but never ever order anything with prawns as they always taste medicinal. Price is OK. I almost always order take out as the restaurant itself smells funny, has a creepy dirty carpet and is super dark and dingy.

Reviewed 15 October 2014

LOTS of cooks, barely one waitress - whose eye-sight was failing as it was quite disgusting to sit across from a recently emptied table with food all over the floor and booth. CLUE: Do not wipe the table AND booth seats with the same cloth and then toss it on the next table to be bused. Are the staff taught to clean in a stable?

Sunomono ought to be COLD [left too long under the heat lamp?]. Katsudon ought to have a soft egg yolk.. NOT hard cooked [left too long under the heat lamp?]. Miso ought to be HOT not luke warm

Service SUCKS when my companion had to get his own water refills and not one staff member came by to check if we needed anything. BIG HINT.. chopsticks / cutlery are very helpful as

Add-ons with a/c units and wires running throughout.. NASTY 'decor' when cedar siding is the 'interior' wall surface.

Will NOT be back and the only time in my life I have not tipped the server. TIPS mean to ensure prompt service... we had a server that annoyed us as we attempted to read the menu.. repeatedly... dropped off the food [NO utensils] and disappeared.

Reviewed 30 September 2014 via mobile

We have frequented this restaurant many times and thoroughly enjoyed our meals but our last experience was very disappointing. In the past the fish was always fresh and beautifully presented.
Our last experience involved a special treat for a group of friends. I ordered a large assortment of sushi for takeout- over $100 worth.
The rice was chewy. Much of the fish had obviously been around for a while. I ended up throwing at least half of it in the garbage. Embarrassing & expensive!
Will try it again but have one if their Bento boxes to see if things have improved before we go all out.