“Believe the Sign!!”
Review of The Donut Shop

The Donut Shop
Ranked #1 of 2 Bakeries in Port Alberni
Reviewed 20 October 2017

They claim to be the best doughnut shop on Vancouver Island, and this is not hyperbole. Found them by accident last weekend, tried a few, went back for more, went to Ucluelet for three days and daily longed for more doughnuts. Bought a dozen on our return.

This place is one of those wonderful finds you occasionally stumble over, that rarely happens and you reminisce about for years and years. Tried the best in Victoria and we are ready to do the drive back to Port Alberni again just to sample more.

If you are driving to the west coast, well worth a minor detour.

Reviewed 6 October 2017 via mobile

I don’t know how they do it but I crave these donuts on the daily. I recommend this place to anyone visiting Port Alberni. You have to have a donut!!! Yummmmyyyyyyyyy!!! Love the lemon and coconut. And just plain choco sprinkles.

Reviewed 2 October 2017

While the maple bacon donut is a huge favourite, I love the plain donuts. So simple and delicious! And never buy just one--- it's a dozen or nothing!

Reviewed 22 September 2017

One of the few reasons I would return to Port Alberni! While up there last week my friend said we couldn't leave until he bought donuts from the best donut shop on the island. I don't eat sweet things BUT one of his picks was a maple bacon donut and I took a bite! Game over - ate the whole thing and loved every bite!

Reviewed 19 September 2017

They claim to have the best donuts on the island, and their donuts are pretty amazing. We had a maple bacon donut and maple sprinkle donut, which were both fantastic. The shop is right across the street from the water, and you can sit outside and enjoy the scenery with a great donut.