“Something New!”

Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 3 January 2018

I really like this restaurant because the items on the menu are different, fresh and new. My husband and I shared the platter! There was real fresh veggies, a scoop of potato mashed with mustard! Who would have thought! Amazing! We thoroughly enjoyed the ribs on the plate. I must say they were the best ribs I have ever tasted! I will probably not try any others because this recipe is the very best! The burgers and other meals that were ordered from the table were also enjoyed!

Reviewed 13 November 2017

Went here for the first time a few weeks ago well in Port Alberni. The food was all very tasty and delicious! The service was excellent. Your server was fun to talk to and was very helpful with the menu. I have a mushroom allergy and he new exactly what dishes contained mushrooms. Normally the servers have to go ask the kitchen staff! The view was amazing. I wish it was nicer out so we could have sat on there lovely large patio. I had the seafood hot pot it was amazing. Just the right amount of spice. It was a little pricey but worth the cost. We can not wait to go back! There is also so neat/fun stores in the area.

Reviewed 28 October 2017

Our bnb host recommended this place and we were not disappointed. Good staff, good views (even in the rain) and excellent food. The salmon chowder was unique and a must have.

Reviewed 26 October 2017

We had some very tasty food here, the sweet potato salmon chowder being the most unusual. They are at riverside or top of the bay. A public view or walkway is adjacent. The grill's outdoor seating is protected from wind by glass walls, and it made for a very comfortable situation. The mail boat returned to town while we were there - fun for us to see. We'd return for sure if we were in the town (highly unlikely, we're Coloradans). This was the best meal overall we had in BC (crab on a floating restaurant being the closest competition) during ten days there..

Reviewed 24 October 2017

In between coming and going from Port Alberni to other places on Vancouver Island, we went to the Starboard Grill twice and loved each visit. Do plan on going there for dinner - you will not be disappointed. The friendly servers and excellent food will make for recommendations to family and friends who may be going to Vancouver Island.