All reviews full kitchen home away from home queen bed walking distance separate rooms main area main room good size kitchen table wine glasses the cottages would stay here again a wonderful stay air conditioner flowers beds port
Reviewed 13 August 2018

We were a family group of 5 (2 grandparents, 1 parent & 2 children) and this motel was perfect. It has been renovated very recently and it's very clean - all new beds, furniture etc. Clearly a family operation. We had a one-room suite which had a full kitchen (full-size appliances) with a queen bed in the main area, plus a queen bed and single bed in a separate bedroom. There is a very nice large outdoor dining table with chairs and BBQ. One night we sat around that table playing cards and ordered pizza right to the table (Pizza Factory is 2 blocks away and the pizza was piping hot). It was a great evening. Just around the corner in one direction is the riverfront walk and just a 5 minute walk in the other direction is a nice city park with splash pad and playground.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 August 2018 via mobile

Really nice wooden structure at this place. Love the gazebo for outdoor take out and hangout. Convenient for groups and family: they took us 4 adults and 2 kids in. It has an almost full kitchen, thoughtful details like garbage sorting system under the sink, TV in every room, telephone....laundry use for $2 wash and $2 dry....like a home away from home. Beds are comfotable too. If you are passing through and stay here, be sure to take some time to go to a Stamp River Provincial Park, a gem in this place.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Jackie W
Reviewed 23 July 2018 via mobile

Just stayed at this motel last night while on a motorcycle trip. I have stayed in many motels of this style so my expectations weren’t very high. When we arrived I immediately noticed how clean and tidy the property was. Once we got into our room I was surprised to see that everything in the room was relatively new and immaculately clean. I met 3 staff members during my time at the Riverside and they were all friendly and helpful. If I ever find myself in Port Alberni again, I would definitely stay at the Riverside.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank dbromley
Reviewed 20 June 2018

We stopped here for one night on our way to the Pacific Rim National Park and it was a good decision. This is a mom-and-pop operation that prides itself on being your home away from home. That isn't "spin". The craftsmanship in the rooms is first-rate, like one would want at home. The flowers adorning the rooms are spectacular. The staff are polite, efficient, and friendly. The room we had included a second bedroom...wow! There are many places to stay in Port Alberni, but I would always stay here should we return to the area.

Room Tip: I suspect all the rooms were like ours.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 January 2018

Joined our daughter in the quaint motel on the nearby river. Lots of room ,two TV's in separate rooms. Very nice cafes near by..very pleasant walks alone the inlet waterways. Beautiful flower arrangements alone the ample parking lot.

Room Tip: Reserve at least a month ahead.
Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family