“A proper cup of tea!”
Review of Sweet Pea Cafe

Sweet Pea Cafe
Ranked #55 of 98 Restaurants in Port Alberni
Reviewed 18 September 2016

As Brits we had almost given up hope of finding anywhere in Canada that could serve a decent cup of tea, but here it is and as a bonus the best date slice fresh out of the oven. Lovely!

Reviewed 9 September 2016

We were driving through Port Alberni and chanced upon the Sweet Pea cafe and what a good find. It is right on the harbour so a very good place to walk around before or after dining. We ( my wife and I) each had a sandwhich and the waitress was very helpful in selecting the fillings. This is not a big cafe but it was very popular with both visitors and locals and you could tell why when we are the sandwhich! Would recommend as a place to stop for lunch.

Reviewed 26 June 2016 via mobile

Absolutely dreadful, overrated garbage. My throat was dry and I wanted a smoothie and decided to try the strawberry smoothie, my first impression was you use syrup instead of real fruit! I was forced to wait 10 minutes! When I took my first sip I was scarred for life. It was a ripoff $5.00 for a artificial piece of garbage. SAVE YOUR TASTEBUDS!

Reviewed 12 June 2016

We stopped in Port Alberni hoping to find a descent coffee and a light lunch away from the usual poor quality tasteless offerings from the large chains on the main roads. Parking near the small harbour we stumbled across Sweet Pea Cafe. A warm welcome,good coffee and one of the tastiest sandwiches I have ever eaten, and I have eaten a few over the years! Highly recommended.

Reviewed 12 February 2016

We discovered this welcoming little cafe on a rather dismal wet day in February. On that day, in what is perhaps a quiet season, the menu was short but perfect for our needs. We each enjoyed the satisfyingly tasty homemade sweet potato soup and freshly prepared sandwiches. The coffee was very good, too!
It was a one woman show and she was friendly and attentive. The classical music (at just the right volume) enhanced our visit. (This was also positively commented on by another patron.)