“Good Authentic Mexican Food”
Review of Santa Rosa

Santa Rosa
Ranked #49 of 153 Restaurants in Port Coquitlam
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 16 June 2015

This is a great hidden gem in an industrial area of Port Coquitlam. The food is very authentic Mexican and very good. Instead of your run of the mill Taco Bell or Taco Del Mar, this is a refreshing change so you can experience what Mexican food should actually taste like. Their chicken nachos are really good and I love their tacos. Highly recommend!!

Reviewed 15 March 2015

I've actually been here twice since this place was mentioned at a Weight Watchers meeting as a good local spot. When I first read the menu board I wasn't sure that there was anything lower calorie but a closer reading revealed two delicious alternatives: the pozole soup and the chicken with pablano mole sauce. The Pozole is a large bowl of soup with shredded chicken and filling hominy grits, topped with ice berg lettuce and radish slices served with two fairly bland tostadas. The mole sauce on the chicken was tasty although the chicken pieces were small and not very warm, having been partially reheated. The salad served beside it had a tasty dressing that tasted of corn oil and spices. My dining companion on my second outing had the mole chicken enchiladas and found them satisfying. He was given some hot sauce to add spice but found he didn't need it. The deli eating area is immaculate and smells of warm, toasty tortilla chips which line the shelves at one end of the area. As I'm sure others have pointed out, the hours aren't very accommodating for supper time eaters.

1  Thank piercesmom
Reviewed 4 November 2014

Order anything and don't forget to take home some tortillas and chips, check out the sauces as well to help create that taste at home

Reviewed 22 October 2014

This is a good spot for lunch but I would not rank it as one of the best in Poco. It is what it is. A great little hole in the wall with some good food. Worth a try if you are in the area but not worth making it a destination.

Reviewed 20 October 2014

Always wanted to stop by and finally did. Very clean and tastefully decorated inside. Order at the counter from a menu board above. The mole enchiladas we had were so bland. My first sign of worry was when she put it in the microwave before giving it to me. Makes me think it's not so fresh. One of us took half of it home and it was never eaten again. The two chorizo spaghettis I took home for 2 young men (who eat EVERYTHING) were not finished. One left his on the table after the first taste and the other said it was terrible.

So wanted to like this place but unfortunately cannot recommend it. Their nachos that are sold in our supermarket look nice and colorful but are tough and tasteless so I should have expected it.