“Great food, horrible service experience”

The Modern Bakeshop & Cafe
Ranked #1 of 3 Dessert in Revelstoke
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 22 March 2018 via mobile

We have come to this cafe over the years and loved it. Today, however, the service from one woman behind the counter was so hostile, I don’t think we will bring our family back.

Reviewed 7 March 2018 via mobile

This is the place to come for breakfast, Lunch and or in-between. I just can't get away from this place. I practically lived there before I go ski touring or else. Must come and enjoyed the breakfast food and excellent coffee.

Reviewed 27 February 2018 via mobile

The best soup in town! I'm always coming back here since 10 years and it's always as good! The treats are awesome !

Reviewed 12 February 2018 via mobile

In a small town filled with unique, independent eateries, add Modern to your list. Delicious, made on-site pastries, pot pies, sausage and veggie rolls and even quebecois Touriere along with sandwiches and soups. Don’t forget coffees and teas. Always difficult to get a seat in this busy location. Don t forget to take treats home.

Reviewed 10 February 2018 via mobile

Coffee was excellent!

Food well presented
When I ordered and paid for my toasted sandwich there were four available but was told 5 mins after ordered that they were all sold out. I then asked for a similar sandwich to be made (just cheese and tomatoes). She reluctantly made it and seemed angry by the inconvenience. When my order came out .. it was thrown on the table! Very rude.

The sandwich and coffee tasted good though. Pitty about angry girl behind counter!