All reviews second building pool and hot tub room was clean convenience store fridge and microwave quick stop an overnight stay gas station off the highway dennys alberta banff
Reviewed 28 July 2011

We booked at the Sandman based on previous experiences at Sandman hotels over the past 5 years.

Where to begin! The only thing good was the king bed was comfortable and the bathroom had a fan. Problems: hallway and room both had an odor, the bathtub had mold growing in it, the toilet ran all night, the bedspread slid off all night and there wasn't a blanket as backup. If the price for the room was under $100, we wouldn't have thought too much about it; but to charge as much as they do, you do not get what you pay for. Even the Internet Password they have written on the key cover was not correct. When asking the front desk about why I can't get logged into the Internet, their response was something was wrong with my computer. We will not stay at this Sandman again.

On the other hand, we could have walked back up to the lobby and demanded our money back and moved on to another hotel -- assuming there were vacancies in town at a better place.

Room Tip: For the money, not a place to stay
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 July 2011

Hi, Needed a bed to crash and called the Sandman Inn. I stopped at revelstoke and they had this massive hotel with lots of buildings, so they gave me a map and I dound my way pretty quick. Room was descent as I expected. My son is a swimming fish, so we headed over to the pool... it was one of the nicest designed pools I have seen. Not a lap pool, but tempeture was great, it was dog legged shape and long enough for you to swim back and forth and get a good workout and relax. Some rooms connected directly. We didn't get one of those, but my room was less than one minute. What a neat place. well located. The lady at the front desk informed me of the town events... music until 9:30 pm... I appreciate it her diligence. I was too tired since I had been driving for over 7 hours.
Hotel seems well run. Very efficient. Staff at front desk were efficient and check out took less than a minute. Express check out was offered, same as wiFi. I love when hotels simply offer things most people need, s once you check in, you don't need to call back over and over. I find Sandman Inns, very consistent this way. Their service is good and the rooms are nice. Not luxury, but good.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 July 2011

During a long drive home we decided to spend the night in Revelstoke to break up the drive. The lobby is beautiful and the pool area is nice. Unfortunately there was the distinct odor of urine in our room and even though we had the housekeepers spray some air freshener in the area we thought it was coming from, it was still strong.

• Stayed: July 2011
Reviewed 14 May 2011

No complaints at all about this hotel. Room was great, beds comfortable and services as to be expected. The swimming pool was also fantastic and one of the warmest we have found. Would definitely recommend!!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 April 2011

We put up at this hotel for a night on our long road trip to Vancouver. The staff was friendly and professional. The room was clean and the decor was what you would expect from a 3-4 star hotel. There was also a kitchenette (with microwave, plates, utensils). Everything was working. There were TWO indoor pools with a decent-sized fitness center. There was also a 24-hour Denny's next door. It is right off Highway-1 so the location was convenient. The rooms were arranged in a motel-style (i.e. two-story blocks). Obviously we could hear people talking when they were walking outside the room etc but hey, my advice is always put on a pair of ear plus when you sleep at any hotel and it will be alright! Overall, it was a pleasant stay.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple