All reviews sidney pier underground parking coffee shop beautiful hotel bedroom suite ocean view hotel staff local shops dining table spectacular views across the street full kitchen sized bed same building overlooking the water butchart gardens san juan islands
Reviewed 6 June 2016

Stayed one night at this hotel but have been travelling through the area many times.
Finally booked one night here and it was very well worth it.

Stayed in a basic two queen room that was very clean with excellent amenities.
The atmosphere was elegant and quiet and the staff was attentive and knew the area very well to offer suggestions for a walk. I love to walk and spent two hours walking around the safe neighbourhood and did not get to all of the areas I would have liked to.

I utilized the Shuttle Service to the airport and the shuttle was on time with a very friendly driver.

I was too late to book but there is a whale watching vendor across the street and many nice restaurants within blocks of the hotel.

Date of stay: April 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Natalie K, General Manager at The Sidney Pier Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2016

Thank you very much for sharing your experience. Sidney does have a lot to offer - I hope we can welcome you back soon to enjoy the Pier & area again.

Reviewed 2 June 2016 via mobile

We live in Victoria but we're in Sidney for a friends birthday party. We booked the Sidney Pier a couple of weeks in advance so we could enjoy the party and not have to worry about drinking and driving to get home. Just a short cab ride from the hotel to the party. We arrived at the hotel and got our room. Which was mediocre at best. Got ready for the party and headed down to the lobby to ask the front desk to call for a cab. There was a sign saying that the front desk person was helping a client and would be back soon. But nobody came back for 45mins. to an hour. We couldn't flag a cab or find a phone line dedicated to a cab company,( like most hotels have). Eventually we were getting later and later and decided we would have to drive to get to the party. So there was no reason for us to even be at the hotel. Very disappointed with this hotel and won't be returning. We mentioned the problems we had the next morning to the one hotel staff we saw at the front desk, ( I believe that they are also the maintenance person, bell person, tech person and delivery person all in one). Management must be really cheap! Any way the best the guy could do for us was refund our parking fee of $15. Thanks we won't be coming back.

Date of stay: February 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank 833rusc
Natalie K, General Manager at The Sidney Pier Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2016

Thank you very much for sharing your feedback. As a small boutique property (55 rooms), we have one desk agent on duty during the evening. They do get called to guest rooms but it is unusual for the desk to be unmanned for more than a few minutes. From 10pm onward we have a Guest Agent and our Night Maintenance crew on duty to assist with any client requests. I apologize that they were attending to another guest and unable to call for a taxi for you.
We do have a phone, specifically for public use, conveniently located at the desk opposite our check-in. Local phone calls from our guest rooms are also complimentary, and all the transportation phone numbers for taxis, airport, ferries etc. can be found in our Guest Room Directories. We provide complimentary WiFi (hotel wide) for anyone using a cell phone or device requiring internet access.
I appreciate you sharing your experience.

Reviewed 27 May 2016

This hotel was very good quality in terms of location and room (and to be honest that is to be expected at the price paid) . I can't comment on the spa as we didn't use it but it did look very nice. SOME staff at the front desk were not very helpful and a little 'cold' however one was very helpful in directing us to a breakfast location close by.

Breakfast here is in a pretentious little cafe offering very little choice and even less value but you can get a great hot breakfast close by. As for parking, if you are driving here then stay somewhere else. The hotel car park is wholly inadequate being only part of one small floor underground , they do give you a piece of paper to put in your window so you can park at a nearby public car park where I found a homeless guy taking a leak up the side of my vehicle. To get the protection of the hotel car park you have to go down there every now and again see if there is a spot available then make a dash to the public car park/toilet and retrieve your vehicle and move it underground....if nobody has arrived and taken the spot in the mean time. Every time you drive out of there you have the same situation on your return.
So, as a place to stay if you arrive by taxi or walk, great (excluding breakfast) but if you are driving I'd look elsewhere.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thank you for sharing your experience.
I am happy to hear you enjoyed your room at the Pier. While we don't have a full service for breakfast at our Haro's restaurant, our Cafe offers house baked pastries, scones, croissant, breakfast sandwiches and lighter breakfast fare.
Our heated underground parkade will, on rare occasions, be full if there is a high volume of Meeting/Banquet business in the hotel, and that time we will offer parking in the adjacent outdoor lot - I am sorry you experienced an issue with parking during your stay.
I appreciate you taking the time to provide the feedback, and hope we can welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 23 May 2016

We loved this beautiful hotel and wished we had stayed longer, one night was not enough.

What did we love? Perfect location. This elegant and very contemporary hotel sits right off the main dock and waterside. You can wander along the waterfront or walk downtown. There are restaurants galore nearby if you don't want to eat in their own restaurant or stop for coffee in their elegant café.

The room was huge and airy. Large floor to ceiling windows open for fresh air and a view that impressed us (we only had a partial ocean view but it was good enough). Sit on the sofa, put your drinks on the cool angled and easily moveable side table, get cosy and enjoy in the view. We really liked that.

Super contemporary. We asked a maid how old the hotel was and surprised when she said it was about nine years old. Feels brand new. Warm neutral colours, deep browns and bamboo doors with big rich native images adorn the walls. There is a table that sits three (maybe four) along with a super long dresser, bar fridge, a selection of teas, a coffee maker with Umbria coffee (super good). Besides this, right at the door is a bench big enough for two suitcases and below it more drawers. Big screen TV but who wants to watch TV when you have the view.

The bed. One needs to sleep well and our king size was super comfortable with wonderful sheets and pillows. Great sleep and the room is super quiet. Never heard anyone.

The bathroom. Wow this was big and roomy. Would have loved two sinks but it's contemporary sink was beautiful. Nothing is perfect and here is where we found a few flaws. There was no stopper for the sink (I prefer this when shaving but no big deal) but the glass barrier for the tub was a little short and the floor got more water from the shower than needed. I guess the super cool look trumps over function. But these are minor complaints.

Service. Super easy check in and check out. Very friendly staff and they called us when the room was ready. They have a big underground car park as well (no charge).

In short this is a great hotel. Yes priced a little more than other hotels on the island but not outrageous. We would recommend this hotel in a heart beat.

Room tip: We were on the fourth floor partial ocean view.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 May 2016

Great hotel, right on the water with wonderful views. The rooms were clean and spacious; we had a terrific little terrace to watch the ships go by on, the spa looked well equipped, although it was booked when we were there. I would definitely stay there again despite the reluctance, and perhaps slight attitude of the Front Desk Guest Services Associate to help us find certain attractions, although she called herself the 'concierge' as well. Decent parking arrangement underneath the hotel, (I believe it was free for 24 hours) and wonderful little shops and restaurants within walking distance, including the Hotel's own Georgia Cafe and Deli. Friendly and attentive service there, and delectable treats for breakfast/brunch with the option of outdoor seating. The coffee is the best - Umbria. Yum. I'd recommend the hotel highly - just do your own Google search when trying to navigate places nearby.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Natalie K, General Manager at The Sidney Pier Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2016

Thank you very much for your post. I am very happy to hear you enjoyed the hotel and your room. Thank you also for sharing your experience with the front desk; it is also good to hear what we need to work on. I am sorry you did not receive the standard of service we have set for ourselves, and we will improve upon this.
I appreciate your comments about Georgia Cafe - I will share them with the team. To clarify, our underground parking is typically $5 per night, although it is included in some packages .
I hope we can welcome you back soon,