“Great quality for western Chinese food.”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Double Happiness Restaurant
Ranked #15 of 47 Restaurants in Trail
Reviewed 9 November 2016

This place was a family fave growing up. The wonton soup, ginger beef and the lemon breaded chicken are bomb. Also - no msg so you dont get that upset tummy feeling you usually get after eating Chinese food.

Reviewed 16 October 2016 via mobile

Dinner ok no difference from one of the Chinese restaurants down the street.... servers were good at their job

Reviewed 4 August 2016

Even though my niece and I were in Trail for a difficult event, going for Lunch Smorg (11:00 - 1:30 p.m) was an incredibly wise choice! It specializes in Cantonese and Peking Cuisine. Their Dinner Buffet is held on Fri. and Sat. 5:00 - 7:00 p.m. are closed Sundays and Holidays. The menu has 94 choices of appetizers, soup, Hot Plates, Seafood, and more too numerous to mention here, including 6 different Combination plates. A friendly, helpful server named Shane looked after us, too. Being a chicken lover I had to stop myself from eating it all from the Smorg platter, and the boneless sweet and sour park was delicious, too, not to forget the chocolate cream pie for dessert. My niece enjoyed a variety of cuisine and especially loved their Won Ton soup, high praise for a great Cook that she is!! Great atmosphere, too, peaceful feeling goes with that which is always important to me. When again in Trail, we will definitely go back!

3  Thank Lilly653
Reviewed 2 August 2016 via mobile

I was in town on business and went for a walk in the downtown area. I came across this place and thought I'd try it out. I had originally gone into another Chinese restaurant up the block but their menu didn't have combos for 1 person. This restaurant did. Bad for the other place as 2 other singles came in. I had the ginger beef combo with chow mein and ss pork. All very good as was the server. The server was on top of things. Nice place to go.

1  Thank LLHH
Reviewed 28 June 2016

I was in the city for a graduation and we ordered a bunch of food for delivery. It arrived in a reasonable amount of time , hot and well prepared . There was a generous amount for a very fair price. 6 adults had dinner and nibbled on leftovers for 2 days.The ginger beef was by far the BEST I have ever tasted. The meat was tender to the very last bite. Of the 6 dishes we purchased the only minor criticism was that the curried chicken could have used some heat.

1  Thank Debra L