“You'll flip your lid for the spicy squid!”

Ace Of Taste Chinese Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 47 Restaurants in Trail
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 26 March 2017

I’ve been enjoying the Ace of Taste menu since they opened around 12 years ago. Vivian and her husband make excellent work of running a friendly restaurant that has a bevy of tasty choices. Vivian is always sure to say hello and see that everything is going well, and she runs a tight ship with her wait staff and kitchen crew.
These are some of my top picks – war wonton soup: not just wontons with a few odds and ends thrown in, but rather perfectly cooked broccoli, tender chicken and pork, plump shrimp and squid, all surrounding a plentiful number of fresh and juicy pork and veggy wontons. The spicy squid comes with a super light batter to give it a crisp exterior while maintaining an interior texture that rivals the best calamari I’ve ever had, all with just a slight touch of heat, garnered with green and red bell peppers. The prawns in black bean sauce, the chicken with ginger, the beef with snow peas, the BBQ pork, the spicy chicken, and the pan-fried rock cod fillet – all are amazing!
For dim sum get the sticky pork buns, the spinach and prawn dumplings, the steamed pork ribs on rice, the ginger chicken on rice, the beef balls, the pork pies, the sticky rice in lotus leaf, or the bean curd skin rolls!
Enjoy the above with some chrysanthemum tea and a Tsing Tao beer and you won’t regret it!
I recognize used a lot of exclamation marks, but please believe me, all were justified.

2  Thank Andrew M

Reviewed 13 March 2017

They have a reasonable selection on their menu. Chinese Dim Sum for lunch
No msg which is important for some people
Fast service enables guests to get in and out in a reasonable time.
Always busy at lunch, never been there for supper.
For my taste buds, it is the best in the area
Closed on Mondays
Reasonable parking in area, but not for large long rigs

1  Thank Theodore N
Reviewed 7 March 2017 via mobile

Love mixed veg and Chinese mushroom dish, as well as salt and pepper squid. Service is always good and fast.

Reviewed 14 February 2017

Love the food here. It is always fresh and the staff are super friendly. This is a great place to eat for a couple or a group! The food is simply amazing.

1  Thank Gilbert C
Reviewed 17 January 2017

I was given directions to this restaurant by the nearby hotel staff, and briefly forgetting the name, almost walked into a Chinese/Western eatery next door that was all but empty. But one door beyond, the Ace was packed and bustling. For good reason.

This is genuine, authentic, whatever you'd call it. Dim Sum chefs trained in preparation, not just previously frozen and warmed over offerings.

Good attention to vegetables, cooked just right.

I ordered a seafood hot pot, which was a misnomer. It was served in a bowl, and was not sizzling by any stretch. Presentable but not stunning, until I remembered where I was. This was not Vancouver's chinatown...

I had ordered tea which did not come during the 20 odd minutes I waited for my meal. There were no newspapers or anything to keep me occupied as others around ate their dinners and took home the doggie bags. The server couldn't believe I ate absolutely everything, but a hard day on the ski slopes does that to you.

My bill was under $20 and I was happily fed. 'Nuff said...

2  Thank Peter F