All reviews liquor store place to stay nice hotel business trip the hotel staff bed and pillows pleasant stay convenient location close to downtown rooms are clean on site restaurant complimentary breakfast great room red mountain the breakfast area home away from home long drive
Reviewed 26 August 2018 via mobile

We were recently in Trail to relocate my son for hockey. The staff at the Best Western took good care of us! Was especially impressed with the housekeeping staff who were exceptionally kind, professional and helpful in every way!

Trip type: Travelled with family
GuestRelationsMangr, General Manager at Best Western Plus Columbia River Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2018

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay with us.
We are always happy to support the Trail Smoke Eaters, and their families when we can. Our location being so close to the arena is something I know helps, and I'm happy we are in this particular spot. I'm hoping to see quite a few games this year myself having gone to about a dozen last year. I hope we see you again and again throughout this season. GO SMOKIES GO!

Reviewed 20 August 2018

My wife and stayed at this property on our trip out west and it is definitely as advertised. Very comfortable experience all around from the front lobby to the room which was clean and well decorated. A definite stay if you are in Trail BC

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
GuestRelationsMangr, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Plus Columbia River Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2018

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay with us.
Your review is greatly appreciated. Our team in housekeeping works hard to ensure our rooms remain clean, comfortable, and welcoming. I hope we see you again soon!

Reviewed 15 August 2018

We were here for two nights - Sunday to Tuesday. Overall we found the hotel quite comfortable. This is an older building that has been updated. Our King room was not huge -- but very clean - with comfortable furniture and bed.
The staff all seemed very friendly -- from the front desk - to the housekeepers - to the lady overseeing the breakfast area.
My only concerns were the noise from the room next door and the air conditioner. We did not have an adjoining room - yet could hear talking and coughing throughout the night. The air conditioner never did cool the room down very much - we tried working with it both nights - with little success.

1  Thank Altius10
GuestRelationsMangr, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Plus Columbia River Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2018

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay with us.
I have found throughout the years that as air conditioners became more power efficient it has added some noise which is the trade off that has been made to reduce our footprint. I hope we see you again soon.
Guest Relations Manager

Reviewed 13 August 2018

Older building but nice interior. Hot tub worked well but very small area, room was good, breakfast was good , elevator was kind of clunky likely due to older building. Location was good close to gas station and restaurants.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
GuestRelationsMangr, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Plus Columbia River Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2018

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay with us.
We have put work into keeping the hotel looking nice. We are actually quite close to upgrading our rooms directly with new furniture. Our elevator to me is quite reliable, and I've found they don't make them like this anymore since our has been extremely reliable with almost zero downtown beyond standard maintenance. I hope we see you again soon!

Reviewed 5 August 2018

Spent one night here on route to Calgary and booked a king suite. Our room was beautiful and very clean. Loved the decor and the bed was really comfy. The front desk person was also helpful in steering us to a good restaurant out of town since half of Trail was without power due to fire earlier in the day. One suggestion I would make is to add safes in the rooms for passports and such. If passing through Trail again I would definitely stay here.

Date of stay: July 2018

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay with us.
Your kind words are appreciated. I'm happy we were able to help you find somewhere to eat during an odd situation. I hope we see you again soon!
Guest Relations Manager