“Excellent Service!”

The Crossing at Kingston Station
Ranked #3 of 13 Restaurants in Kingston
Reviewed 21 August 2017

We had my Birthday dinner there last week and I was surprised when our server asked if there was something special I like on my birthday. I knew that Chef Adam could make Lobster Fritters that are mouth watering (but are not on the current menu). Our server checked with the chef and he said he would be happy to make me some! WOW! is all I can say! Hubby and I shared an order and I had a bowl of my favourite seafood chowder! I would go there JUST for the chowder any time! We also shared a Flourless Chocolate Cake that Chef Adam has recently changed up a bit and has added a different center. I really enjoyed his new version!

Reviewed 16 August 2017

The food was very good (I had the mussels) but even though it was mid afternoon and only one other table in the place, I waited more than 10 minutes for a server and even longer for the food to arrive. There was a loud argument going on in the kitchen which detracted from their beautiful decor.

Reviewed 26 July 2017 via mobile

That's the good news-bad news report. Finally a decent restaurant in the Kingston -Greenwood area that has real food, wonderfully prepared and beautifully presented. The decor is light-filled and cozy and the servers are excellent. There is a good selection of wines and when we dined out for a special family dinner, the fact that there are delicious vegetarian options was very much appreciated. The fish, chicken and beef are tremendous as well. Everyone seems genuinely happy to work in this restaurant and that is nice to see. The only downside is seems to be a problem
with timing in the kitchen. I have visited twice and both times waited at least 30 minutes before seeing any food - starter or main. Here's hoping the chef sorts that issue as leisurely or not- diners like to eat!

1  Thank MLA2024
Reviewed 25 July 2017 via mobile

I highly recommend this restaurant. I had chowder and salad, both delicious. The service was extraordinary and the chef very committed and talented. It unfortunately is no longer open for lunch. I wish it were. But try it for supper. You won't be disappointed!

Reviewed 21 July 2017

Had a wonderful dinner party here for some friend's birthday and the food was great.
Newly decorated and a bit pricey but it was great to spend a evening in a place a bit more classy. The service was fantastic and the wine was good. It was a full house, make a reservation, and the noise level was high but still well worth it. Will differently go here again.