Lakelawn B&B Motel
US$80
Voyageur Motel(Yarmouth)(Great Value!)
US$126
Very Good 4/5
Cape View Motel and Cottages(Mavillette)(Great Value!)
US$108
US$118
US$108
Travelocity
Very Good 4/5
Mackenzie's Motel and Cottages(Shelburne)(Great Value!)
US$99
Wildwood Motel(Shelburne)(Great Value!)
US$95
Red Cap Motel(Pubnico)
Great 4.5/5
All reviewshamthe ownerb bpotatoesdining roommain buildingnova scotiaeggsbeautiful flowerslots of fresh fruitspent one nighta great place to staydinner reservationschain hotelsnext morningcat ferryshort drive
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 October 2017

I can’t say enough good things about the Lakelawn. My room was updated, spotlessly clean and fresh. There were fresh flowers outside the doors to rooms. The bed was perfect for my tastes. The Lakelawn is literally six minute from the Yarmouth - Portland ferry by car. The continental breakfast of fresh croissants, danish, fruit and good coffee starts at 6:30, leaving plenty of time to board the ferry where you should be at 7:30 to go thru security. Also the town shops are five minutes away - cafes, pubs, clothing, and all. And another 15-20 if you need items from mall stores.
There is a request patrons keep the noise level down after 10, so there aren’t slamming doors and racket like you would get in a chain motel. The best is the proprietor, Matthew. When I realized on the road that I may be a little late to check in, he worked with me over the phone to make sure I would get my room. I highly recommend this BnB. If I had a longer stay, I would choose my room at the Lakelawn.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
lakelawnMotel, Manager at Lakelawn B&B Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2017

How kind of you to say all these nice words. you made our day. We appreciate it all and thank you very much for taking the time to review us. We invite you to come and see us again in the near future and we hope you have many great trips to come.
Thanks for the memories.

Reviewed 9 October 2017 via mobile

Stayed here our first night in NS after the ferry trip from Maine. Easy to find and just a short drive from the ferry terminal. The room was simple and clean. Service was good. Fresh baked goods for the continental breakfast. Place has some character, setting it apart from the chain hotels. We will stay again at the end of our trip as well.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
lakelawnMotel, Manager at Lakelawn B&B Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2017

We appreciate the kind words and the great review and your stay with us. We hope to see you again and wish you many other great trips.

Reviewed 9 October 2017

My husband and I stayed here the first night of our trip as well as the last night, because it was a six minute drive to the Yarmouth ferry. Both rooms we stayed in were clean: freshly painted, had what looked like new flooring and new bathrooms. There was ample parking and it was quiet overnight. In the morning, we enjoyed a well put together continental breakfast in the elegant, eclectic dining room while listening to opera and songs from musicals playing in the background. The first time we stayed when it was cooler outside, a lovely, cozy fire was lit in the fireplace. Breakfast here was very relaxing. Also, we were given the option of having a full breakfast for $10, but what they offered for continental was plenty for us. Mathew, the manager was both friendly and helpful. We would stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple

Thank you very much for the many sweet words and your generosity. We always enjoy gracious guests like yourselves who appreciate the way we run our property. We enjoyed the conversations with you on both occasions and we invite you to come see us again.
Thanks for the memories.

Reviewed 7 October 2017 via mobile

My husband and I had travelled up to Yarmouth earlier than planned and needed a place for one night only.
We popped into Lakelaen to see if they had a room for the night. We were greeted by Matthew the proprietor who was very welcoming, and fortunately he had a room in the main building.
The premises, decor and artefacts suited us down to the ground and it is very different to the bulk standard motels/hotels.
The room was exceptionally clean, and comfortable and we were in a quiet part of the building. Breakfast was superb and the ladies waiting on, were very friendly.
If you're looking to check out the room prior to taking up your booking, Matthew will not show you the room for the right reasons. This is to prevent anyone who is viewing the room from turning on the shower, rubbing the towels, pulling back bed linen, and above all leaving dirty footprints and hairs on the carpet. It stops any complaints from paying guests, and keeps the rooms fresh and dirt free. He is passionate about what he does and you will never be disappointed on any room you have been offered.
We would definitely stay here if we visited Yarmouth again.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Gill K
lakelawnMotel, Manager at Lakelawn B&B Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2017

Hehe you remembered. We very much enjoyed your stay with us and the conversations. We thank you for the many kind words and the great comments and the amazing review. We wish you many great trips to come and do come and see us again.

Reviewed 7 October 2017

What A pretty setting! Friendly staff! Comfortable rooms! It was Close to restaurants and shops! I Would highly recommend it! It is Quaint and clean ! We Really enjoyed our stay! It is located Close to ferry as well!

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple

Beautiful souls find beauty everywhere the may go. I am glad you enjoyed and I thank you for the stay and the kind review and the perfect score.
We wish you many wonderful future trips and invite you to come see us soon.