“Cauliflower is good for you....take it from my granddaughter Sofie.”
Review of Espresso Post

Espresso Post
Cuisines: Cafe
Description: Happy to make you the best latte you've ever had. Amazing pastries are baked fresh daily. We have breakfast and lunch paninis a too.
Reviewed 14 June 2018

My granddaughter Sofie was three years old when Espresso Post opened its doors in Downtown Collingwood and started to win awards, support community endeavors and present patrons with tasty food and drinks.
Today, Sofie is 18 and I asked her where she would like to go for lunch; smoothing the way by promising her that grandpa and grandma would treat her to lunch.
“Espresso Post,” said Sofie without hesitation and added “you will like their cauliflower wraps”. She noted that cauliflower is good for you.
Cauliflower. It all sounded too healthy for this grandpa who likes his onion rings. However, I have been a customer at Espresso Post from time to time and know that they have some pleasing choices on their menu.
We got there, my wife Nancy and Sofie and I and in quick order we had our coffees, an iced drink for Sofie and cauliflower wraps for Nancy and me. The sandwiches were delicious. Our total invoice for the three of us was $35.00. There might be less-expensive places at which to have lunch, but I'm betting that cauliflower wraps are healthier than some of the other food choices in town.
As we ate, there were younger patrons and older patrons at tables near us. Also, a steady procession of patrons coming and going with take-outs. Mark, who was serving behind the counter, seemed to know almost everybody by name and the atmosphere was welcoming and jovial.
I watched as a lot of very healthy-looking patrons, who had left bicycles by this restaurant's outdoor patio, came and got their orders.
Espresso Post celebrates 15 years in Downtown Collingwood. In an extremely-competitive restaurant and coffee-shop environment, such as Collingwood's, that longevity is a reflection of customer happiness and a job well done by Mark and staff. That's something to applaud.
Anytime Sofie wants to go back there, I'm in....and I'll gladly order that cauliflower wrap again.
In the meantime, Espresso Post will continue to serve patrons with tasty food and coffee, support community endeavors and win awards.

Reviewed 22 May 2018

Nice little place to catch a coffe or desert. I had the banana bread was not bad bit under cooked. My husband had the coffee cake which he said was good. Thought it was different when asked size of tea. Not sure if size changed pricing.

Reviewed 13 May 2018

I really wish I could give a zero..... this place was not busy BUT still took 30 min to get my "wrap"" I eventually had to say it's ok I will take it to go! got it to go opened the bag I actually said to myself WTF!?? it was 4inchs..... that's it!!!!!!!!!!!!!! all it had in it was spinach, curried cauliflower and cheese for over 11$!!! it was so small it fit in my tiny hand all of it not just one side the entire wrap fit in the palm of my hand no side... no drink... nothing just a tiny wrap for over 11$ insane! the taste was meh warm on the outside cold on the inside was not worth it at all - the service horrible the vibe in there was horrible... I will never go back or recommend

Reviewed 5 February 2018

Smooth, dark and delicious ... just the way it was meant to be. While I enjoyed my drink, I sat & read & noticed many obvious regulars coming and going and enjoying their food/drink AND their comraderie with the staff. I love a place that is an obvious neighbourhood haunt. A lovely find in Collingwood.

Reviewed 26 January 2018

The first time I went into this place I hated it. Then the cafe I usually go to was closed one day so I gave them a second chance. The barista working that day was friendly, a complete turn around from the one I had the first time.
Coffee was fresh and hot. I still don't recommend their baking, but if your favourite place is closed this place will definitely do, especially now that they seem to have hired nicer staff. 4 stars because it's only my second favourite