4 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
US$169
Expedia.comUS$154
eDreamsUS$154
Orbitz.comUS$154
Lol.travelUS$169
All reviews georgian bay bedroom condo outdoor pool on site restaurant bit dated renovated room blue mountain village full kitchen flat screen scandinavian spa king bed scandinave spa wasaga beach collingwood area short drive gustav conference
Selected filters
Reviewed 23 April 2021

Hotel room was dated. Had a leak in bathroom in first room/ Then ants in second room. Furniture in second room was dusty and fridge vent was filthy. Front desk was helpful and pleasant. Did not see other areas of hotel as with pandemic all services were closed.

Reviewed 19 April 2021 via mobile

I went through the worst week of my life after staying at the Georgian Bay Hotel. In the middle of my stay I started to feel extreme itchiness that got unbearable at night. Switched rooms but itching continued. I checked out and angrily informed the hotel that I was confident they had a bed bug infestation. Upon my return home to Toronto, I STILL felt itchy. I became paranoid that I may have brought back whatever filth I got from staying at the Georgian Bay Hotel. Turns out I was right!!! But it wasn’t bed bugs, it was SCABIES, A DISGUSTING PARASITE!!!!! It’s a parasite that burrows under your skin and proceeds to mate and lay eggs IN YOUR SKIN. For 10 days after leaving the hotel I was going crazy! I wanted to douse myself in gasoline, that’s how horrendous it felt. Finally after going to the doctor I discovered it was scabies and they’ve been on me for work days. I was prescribed with 4 big tubes of 5% permethrin creme to kill all the MITES ON ON MY BODY. I am telling you, it was by far the most HORRENDOUS thing I have ever gone through. I wouldn’t wish it on my worst enemy. By far the most filthy hotel I’ve ever stayed at. Their cleanliness is an illusion! When I confronted the Georgian Bay Hotel about all of this I was met with denial and what I believe are our right lies. They claim there was nobody staying in the room in question for a few days prior to my arrival and therefore any parasites which may of been in the room would have died. I’m calling bs on that! Why should I trust anything you say? A hotel that will cut corners in its cleanliness protocols will not hesitate to lie and manipulate records to cover their behinds. If you’re a RCI guest, you get tossed in the filthy end of the hotel and treated like a second class citizen. And who knows what the lazy housekeepers assigned with cleaning those RCI rooms. I saw a few old hags working as housekeepers, so it doesn’t take a vivid imagination to hypothesize what happened...they got lazy and either didn’t change the duvet cover, the sheets or the pillowcases or all three. That’s just beyond me, how the Georgian Bay Hotel can be so CALLOUS. STAY AWAY FROM THIS FILTHY HOTEL! Shame on you Georgian Bay Hotel.

Trip type: Travelled on business
GBH News, Owner at Georgian Bay Hotel Trademark Collection by Wyndham, responded to this reviewResponded 20 April 2021

As discussed with you in length Sherief prior to this review, we have done our due diligence, research, and spoken to our pest control partners on this matter as this is the first time we have ever received a complaint of this nature. Due to the following information that has been provided to us from our pest control partners we are confident that the parasite was not acquired during your stay with us and we strongly suggest that you reach out to any recent personal partners and close contacts to find the source of the infection. Scabies is spread easily between partners and household members. Scabies is easily transmitted from person to person by close contact and is hard to catch from clothes or bedding, mostly it requires rubbing against someone else with scabies.

It appears that scabies do not survive for more than 2-3 days away from a human. We have checked our records and can confirm that both rooms you stayed in were last occupied and cleaned 7 days prior to your arrival date. GBH has closed the majority of our rooms inventory in response to Public Health restrictions to help stop the spread of COVID-19 as all travel should be strictly limited to essential travel only.

It is important to note that our housekeeping team follows strict cleaning processes in line with Wyndhams' Health and Safety protocols including enhanced and more frequent cleaning and disinfecting, health checks and the removal of non essential and decorative items. All towels and linens are washed and dried in high temperatures, which would also ensure the inability for Scabies to survive and be transferred guest to guest. We are committed to the health and safety of our guests and team members and stand by our protocols and processes.

We take great offense to your derogatory ageist slur and defamatory attack on our housekeeping team members, all of whom have been working tirelessly throughout the pandemic providing an essential service and ensuring the health and safety of our guests and our team members. We are proud of the care and consideration they put into their responsibilities each and every day.

When your original complaint against GBH of bedbugs was professionally investigated by a third party and proved false you then altered your complaint to another pest and demanded compensation. When that complaint was also professionally investigated and proved false you then changed your accusations again, and again, we have professionally investigated and found your accusations baseless. Only on our refusal of compensation have you now posted a defamatory review, therefore we have reported your comments and actions to RCI.

Reviewed 19 April 2021

While the exterior looks good, and their facility pictures present a great looking resort, don’t be fooled. The place is extremely dated and the level of cleanliness is poor at best. When first checked in I was provided a room which smelled of an old dog toy and was visibly dirty. The carpet looked like it was taken from an old motel and reinstalled there. Upon complaint, they moved me to a room in the tower which contained “all brand new rooms” according to the reception desk. If those are all brand new then they need to sue their contractor. The room provided, while it did not smell like the previous, was at least 20 years old since the last update and well past its use by date. The cupboard door stuck and wobbled on their hinges, chairs and furniture were well worn or broken, and the balcony had some kind of black mud which made use impossible. They should have paid me to stay here, and even then I would not again.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 18 April 2021

Was good place for a get a way. Main floor roomy but the second bedroom is small. Dishwasher was needed to be replaced. Great to have a fireplace on those rainy or cloudy cool days. Good backyard area for the kids to play

Review collected in partnership with RCI

We are happy to hear that you enjoyed the spacious 2 bedroom condo unit, the fireplace and extensive grounds for outdoor play. We appreciate your comments as we use all guest feedback as an opportunity to improve our property and service. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 17 April 2021

Unit I was given overlooked the AC units and exhaust fan from the restaurant. When I asked to move I was told no , that was the RCI unit. The hotel was only half full. How hard would it have been to switch rooms?

Date of stay: March 2021