“TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE - AVOID AT ALL COSTS”
Review of Cranberry Resort

Cranberry Resort
Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Collingwood
Reviewed 19 April 2012

We came to Cranberry on a promotion. Not only did they not deliver what was promised, they made us feel extremely embarrassed after they used bait and switch techniques. After attempting to complain, the guest services completely talked down to us. We had a horrible time in a hotel that was dirty with bad food and appalling service. GO ANYWHERE ELSE!!!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
49  Thank JWalk2213
Write a ReviewReviews (1,003)

Reviewed 10 April 2012

when we arrived we had to use hand sanitiser to wipe some furniture and sink and toilet. We were supposed to get champagne and sttroberies upon arrival. Did no happen. We had to call and remind. Shower had layers of dust in vents and around mirrors and mold in corners.. No hand soap at all. Not for first day not for second. The pillow cases dirty. We asked to change - they did not. The brekfast - almost no food to pick from. Looks like leftovers. Owful quality.
The only nice thing was a trout in the restaurant. The cheff did amazinf job.
Stay away from this resort. Save yourself, save your money.

• Stayed: April 2012
36  Thank guestathotel
Reviewed 9 April 2012

I checked in yesterday at 4pm and requested a quiet room. I was given a room next to a family with several noisy children. On my way to dinner, I stopped at the desk to remind them of my request and let them know I was not impressed. I was hoping that by the time I returned after dinner the kids would be asleep. No such luck. Finally at about 9:30, we had had enough. There were three families all in closby room, all with children, who were racing up and down the corriders between the rooms screaming. My husband finally blew his top and they moved us to another room. The rest of the night was quiet. I bought this trip through expedia and I did not have the choice to move hotels so I am here for a second night of what was supposed to be a relaxing weekend away. Tonight I have another family with small noisy children next door. The notepads in this room list that The Cranberry Golf Resort offers:Golf, Spa, Wedding ,Marina, Conference and Dining. With the possible exception of 'wedding' these are all activities that I would relate primarily with adults. The desk clerk tells me that this is a family resort so I am expected to put up with the noise.

So don't be misled by the marketing. This is not a resort to choose if you are looking for a quiet night.

Room Tip: Unless you have noisy kids and can't control them, stay somewhere else!
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
36  Thank mlyates
Reviewed 3 April 2012

Cranberry Resort (the older section) is starting to show its age. The pool and hot tub could do with some renovation, there is no wheelchair accessibility. The change rooms are not as clean as they used to be.

Rooms are meticulously clean and beds are comfortable. Reception needs to be aware that when 2 adults and 2 children are checking in that you are not provided with a king suite; they were bery pleasant in making the change to 2 queen beds.

Area surroundings are beautiful and there are many restaurants on main street. Skip their brunch as it is high priced and not worth it.

Room Tip: Go to the newer resorts.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank JAMAICANToronto
Reviewed 26 March 2012

We were suckered into this "2 Night Mini Vacation" deal that we stumbled upon at the recent Auto Show thinking it would be a nice getaway for a weekend. The catch was the "2-hour timeshare presentation" that we were required to attend. As we've never been to one before, we were curious but prepared for the "high-pressure" sales that I have been warned about.

Reading the past reviews, I was expecting a condo like room but I guess purchasing the "deal" doesn't include that. Check-in was fast and the front desk reps were very friendly and informative. We were provided an average hotel room - 1 room, 2 double beds, tv and a bathroom. Arriving to the room, we immediately got bored and decided to check out the town. The really nice rooms were at the "Cranberry Resort Waterfront Suites" which were across the street which we figured out at the timeshare presentation.

The timeshare presentation was horrible. Our salesman starts off extremely friendly and understands that "We know you're here for the deal and I know you'll be expecting a high-pressure sales..." but he tried to ensure us that it won't be. Well he lied, no matter how many times we tried to tell that that we will not be signing anything right on the spot and that we're the type of people that likes to research, he just didn't want to hear it. After the 2 hour mark, we just wanted to get out of there, once he knew we were no longer interested in the timeshare, he would not stop talking about his stories and personal life - which got a little too personal for our comfort. It was obvious he was desperate which made us question his professionalism. Finally an hour after the time the presentation was supposed to end and after 3 other sales people trying to pressure us in buying we were finally let go. My boyfriend was so emotionally drained from that experience we vowed never to attend any timeshare presenation ever again. Thankfully, our "deal" came with 2 passes to the "Scandanave Spa" which was a really nice place relax after the stressful 3 hour presentation.

The experience at Cranberry was so terrible that we ended up checking out a day early and did not even use our 2 coupons for a 2 for 1 Deal at the Memories Restaurant. We will definately NOT be returning.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
12  Thank Odie M
Also consider these accommodations in or near Collingwood
1.8 km away
0.5 km away
Living Water Resort
Living Water Resort
#2 of 11 in Collingwood

Been to Cranberry Resort? Share your experiences!