“Why oh why can't good management be found for this restaurant!”

Ramada Jordan/Beacon Harbourside Resort
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Jordan
Reviewed 13 May 2012

This restaurant has had one of the most beautiful views in the area but it has never lived up to its potential. For the love of Lincoln, get someone in who knows how to run a good, competent operation. There is no excuse for the poor food served. It needs a facelift(whoever was responsible for the hideous wallpaper on the south wall needs to be.....) but more importantly, get a good chef and kitchen staff. We went for a mother's day brunch and it was completely overpriced with food so mediocre to bad I had to fix lunch for me and my husband when we got home.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank marjory4
Lisatokuc, General Manager at Ramada Jordan/Beacon Harbourside Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review our restaurant on trip advisor. I do apologize that you did not have a pleasant experience. Our Mothers Day Grand Buffet has been a tradition for many years with over 25 hot entrees , a carving station with certified black angus roast beef, roasted turkey, and ham, many assorted salads, poached salmon,assorted domestic and imported cheeses, and a 16ft dessert station with fruit and chocolate fountain plus much much more.With well over 700 guests coming every year for this day it can get very busy and i hope that you would come and visit us again so we have the opportunity to please you. I can't promise that our south wall that was hand painted by a well known local artist will be changed but the view will always be spectacular.

There are newer reviews for Ramada Jordan/Beacon Harbourside Resort

Reviewed 23 April 2012

The location is beautiful, right on a marina on Lake Ontario. The dining room is very good. The bed was comfortable. But there were only about 8 (fuzzy) channels on the TV, it took nearly five minutes to get hot water, the toilet didn't work well, and I had to stand up to use the public computer in the lobby because there was no chair to be found. People who travelled with us said that their newly-renovated bathroom had sink taps that were askew. Also, when I arrived I needed to find a washroom (quick!) and there was no washroom at all in the main lobby--just one for the pool downstairs and one about half a mile away near the dining room. There seemed to be very few staff on hand. When we called about the TV, it was a chambermaid who came to adjust it (unsuccessfully). This hotel needs some TLC.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to review us on trip advisor. We will be using your feedback to implement changes to improve our future guests experience at our hotel.

Reviewed 18 April 2012

Overall, I did enjoy my one-night stay (couldn't complain, nothing was wrong with the room). However, my big peeve is the lack of customer service at this location. After checkout I discovered on my credit card bill that I was charged for smoking in the room ($339). As I am not a smoker I tried to get a hold of someone from the hotel to explain my case and that this charge was a mistake. Finally, after 1.5 weeks of trying to get a hold of the manager (Lisa Tokuc), I got a hold of her. The manager adamantly refused to reverse this charge even as I questioned her lack of proof (claims of smell is all the proof they have). Furthermore, she stated to me on the phone straight up that my business was not needed and that she didnt care about rectifying the mistake. In her own words, "You alone will not ruin my business, and I dont care to meet your demands". When I asked her for a contact # to her supervisor, she gave me a false number that lead to Hotel Reservations.com voice message system. Be aware of this location.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
6  Thank Kelvin C

Dear Calvin,
The Best Western Beacon Harbourside Inn & Suites Conference Centre is a 100% non smoking hotel. This is a policy we strictly enforce to ensure the comfort of our guests staying in the hotel and for future guests.
Thank you for your review.

Reviewed 24 March 2012

Went on a teambuy coupon, great value for money, hotel was a little dated but added to old world feel, nice indoor pool, big, clean room, with 2 televisions, balcony, view of the lake, service and food in the restaurant was very good, Jordan is a cute little town with art shops and a lovely bistro (that could match any Toronto bistro), views from the hotel are fabulous,
Overall very good expericence! (wine tours are 15 minutes from the hotel)

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Richard L
Reviewed 15 March 2012

This hotel needs a major upgrade. The room overlooks Lake Ontario and we saw a gorgeous sunrise there, but that did not make up for the condition of the room. Bathroom was newly updated, but that didn't do much good, since there was no hot water or heat in the room. There were about 4 channels on the TV. The room was on the 500 level, which is the second floor. The only word I can come up with for the pool is disgusting. It's last been renovated in the 1970's, I would say. The water level was about 12 inches below where it should have been. Entire pool area smelled strongly of mould, probably due to the fact that exposed beams, no doubt waterlogged after all these years, made up the architecture of the pool area. I can honestly say I've never been in a place that felt so filthy (pool area). I know for sure that I booked a rate that included breakfast, because we were off to a university tour in the morning and I didn't want to search breakfast out, but I was told when we arrived that they "don't do that" and we would have to pay exhorbitant breakfast fees in the hotel, so it was Tim Horton's drive-through for us. We are so happy about Best Western usually that this was a double disappointment. Avoid it, folks.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank Archangelsgirl
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jordan
8.1 km away
Comfort Inn
#4 of 7 in St. Catharines
16.8 km away
Hilton Garden Inn Niagara-on-the-Lake
Hilton Garden Inn Niagara-on-the...
#8 of 15 in Niagara-on-the-Lake
4.2 km away
Jordan House Hotel
Jordan House Hotel
#2 of 3 in Jordan
9.5 km away
Best Western St. Catharines Hotel & Conference Centre

Been to Ramada Jordan/Beacon Harbourside Resort? Share your experiences!