See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 5 August 2015

Being new vegans (about 6 months in so far), I was trying to plan a summer holiday in Ontario for my husband, myself and our 4-year old. I found Little City Farm from an online search for vegetarian B&B’s, and I can’t say enough about what a wonderful stay we had. They have one guest apartment in a completely self-contained and separate part of the charming century home. This means that we were the only guests, and we were able to completely relax with our 4 year old.
They provided a generous supply of water (with lemon), teas, and coffees, and we had the option of dining in our apartment if we wished…but we didn’t because the dinner (yes, a B&B that offers dinner) was a delicious vegan pizza made from scratch (including the whole-grain dough) and cooked in a wood-fired oven outdoors. The meal was as filling as it was delicious, complemented with home-grown and home-made maple-mint lemonade, and a fabulous raspberry crumble for dessert.
Breakfast the next morning was another culinary delight: tempeh “bacon” and home-made blueberry pancakes, fruit, herbal tea. The next morning’s breakfast was home-made granola, home-made sourdough bread, fruit, and a delicious greens-berry smoothie made especially for me…an expectant vegan mom trying to pack in my nutrients.
Our hosts were incredibly humble, gracious, kind, helpful, and considerate.
We were sad to leave this wonderful place, and went on from there to a “regular” B&B in another part of Ontario that was well…perfectly nice, but just “regular”.
Little City Farm has set the standard for Bed and Breakfasts for me- vegetarian and non-, and will be hard to live up to I am sure…so we’ll just go back there, as often as we can.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 October 2013

We stayed two nights over a dull and rainy weekend and found the B&B a cozy oasis. The house and grounds have lots of character, and Karin, Greg and Maya (and their friendly dog Sylvia) were gracious and welcoming hosts. Breakfasts were delicious and made from locally-sourced ingredients (many made on-site). We can't wait to return and hopefully take one of their Saturday workshops (we just missed one on baking bread in their outdoor wood-fired oven when we arrived), too.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank jmcnally
Reviewed 28 August 2013

Owner seemed uninterested in my business, the lady has an attitude guess this goes with the local organic vegan yoga i'm so green and good lifestyle. the apartment is a small loft partitioned into three rooms bedroom, living room and bathroom, with poor lighting. Took one look and left. And this was not easy with no car.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
8  Thank SKMia
Reviewed 26 July 2013

I was delighted to discover this place this spring. I stayed the weekend and had a friend over the Saturday evening for tea and a light appetizer-based supper. The upstairs apartment includes a small sitting room connected through an archway to a dining room. Exiting the dining room one arrives at a closed-off bedroom next to a four-piece bathroom. It is a cozy space with windows in every room that create a nice cross breeze.

Parking in their driveway was provided. I arrived, unpacked and quickly was back in town for the weekend activities. Each morning, I woke up to a quiet neighbourhood (chickens here - no rooster) I took the time to enjoy a cup of tea and relax in my own little apartment before heading down to breakfast. I enjoyed two delicious breakfasts in the garden. (Photos from one of the mornings below). On the first day, I was joined by a blind chicken and Sylvia, a well-behaved family dog.

The hosts, Karin and Greg and their daughter, Maya made me feel at home and made sure I had everything I needed during my stay. This is where I will stay whenever I travel this way again.

Room Tip: there's only the one space so book soon as this apartment fills up. I gather they have Saturday workshops through the summer that make this a popular community gathering spot.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank greentara0
Reviewed 4 May 2013

I stayed here for a week while taking a course at WLU. The food was extraordinary. The hosts are very sensitive to your needs. If you're looking for some quiet time, they will leave you to your own. If you'd like to chat, they are happy to get to know you and share in some thoughtful conversation. It really is a small and comfortable apartment that they offer, as described by another reviewer. My experience at this B&B made my study week a relaxing and rejuvenating time for me.

Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo