See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 26 July 2013

I was delighted to discover this place this spring. I stayed the weekend and had a friend over the Saturday evening for tea and a light appetizer-based supper. The upstairs apartment includes a small sitting room connected through an archway to a dining room. Exiting the dining room one arrives at a closed-off bedroom next to a four-piece bathroom. It is a cozy space with windows in every room that create a nice cross breeze.

Parking in their driveway was provided. I arrived, unpacked and quickly was back in town for the weekend activities. Each morning, I woke up to a quiet neighbourhood (chickens here - no rooster) I took the time to enjoy a cup of tea and relax in my own little apartment before heading down to breakfast. I enjoyed two delicious breakfasts in the garden. (Photos from one of the mornings below). On the first day, I was joined by a blind chicken and Sylvia, a well-behaved family dog.

The hosts, Karin and Greg and their daughter, Maya made me feel at home and made sure I had everything I needed during my stay. This is where I will stay whenever I travel this way again.

Room Tip: there's only the one space so book soon as this apartment fills up. I gather they have Saturday workshops through the summer that make this a popular community gathering spot.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank greentara0
Reviewed 4 May 2013

I stayed here for a week while taking a course at WLU. The food was extraordinary. The hosts are very sensitive to your needs. If you're looking for some quiet time, they will leave you to your own. If you'd like to chat, they are happy to get to know you and share in some thoughtful conversation. It really is a small and comfortable apartment that they offer, as described by another reviewer. My experience at this B&B made my study week a relaxing and rejuvenating time for me.

Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Terry N
Reviewed 30 June 2012

We stayed at the farm for two nights and enjoyed every second. We have three kids and the place was ideal for us. The owners were extremely helpful and friendly, breakfast was great, and the overall atmosphere was perfect. You'll enjoy it even better if you are into organic food and sustainability issues.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank Burani
Reviewed 13 July 2011

This is the place, if you are in need of a dose of 'back-to-the-earth' culture! A small second floor apartment with your own private entrance is your accommodation with 3 rooms plus a bathroom, no air, but a fan works fine with good ventilation. Off street parking in front and a quiet neighbourhood. Smell of baking in the evening prepares you for the incredible breakfast you are going to receive in the morning. Hospitality was second to none, food was the best ever and different on each of our four day stay. Our daughter joined us for breakfast in the morning and raved about the food! Breakfast in the garden, chickens in their corner coop, calling for retrieval when an egg was laid. Sylvia, a lovely gentle family dog was quiet and never a bother. Our hosts, Karin and Greg and their lovely 3 year old daughter, Maya were polite, helpful and attentive to all of our needs. We look forward to staying with our new family hosts every time we visit our daughter in Kitchener, as long as she lives there.

Room Tip: Karin makes her own soaps, oils, shampoo, etc., which you will find in your bathroom in generous quantity.
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family