“Definitely not as advertised”

Boardwalk Homes Executive Guest Houses & SUITES!
Ranked #4 of 8 Kitchener B&B and Inns
Reviewed 11 May 2017 via mobile

At first everything was great. Then I got to the bedroom which is advertised as a king size bed when it's really two doubles pushed together with a mattress pad on top. Also the "crib" I had asked for and paid 30 bucks for turned out to be a pack and play with rips in it and looked like it had never been cleaned. It was for my 3 month old and now we have to make other arrangements for him. Oh and they gave me a 15 dollar refund when I said to get it out here and I'll figure something out. And finally to the person staying above me. There's no insulation or noise reduction between floors. All I could hear from the time I got up till I went to bed was them walking around and they would almost stomp their feet which literally shook the light fixtures in the condo. I would never stay here again and would definitely not recommend it to anybody. Unfortunately I have 8 more days here that were charged to my card the day I got here. The only reason I gave it any stars was because the kitchen and appliances were good.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business
BoardwalkHomes, Front Office Manager at Boardwalk Homes Executive Guest Houses & SUITES!, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2017

Hi Tyler,

Thank you very much for taking time to leave us your comments. We would like to clarify some concerns you have mentioned.

The setup of 2 twin beds as a king is very popular in Europe and many other countries as there are fewer disturbances to the other person when moving around. In a continuous effort to improve comfort to our guests, we have added stuffing in between the 2 beds so the 2 beds flow smoothly. On top of that we have a mattress topper which is an added feature which a lot of people enjoy. Guest’s comfort is our top priority and therefore we have strived to provide high quality, comfortable beds and bedding.

We do not offer a crib (or pack n play) as a regular practice. The service is provided for the convenience of our guests upon request. As we have to move the crib between our properties, this pack n play type of crib works much better and most people are happy with it. Sorry that we have not made this clear to you when you made the request. We have reminded our staff about describing it as pack n play for future requests. Our housekeeper had cleaned the crib when setting it up. The $30 (reduced to $15) fee charged was actually just to cover our cost of moving it to the unit and setting it up.

Our condo suites are the same as the homes of many people in the neighborhood. The upper floor is the living area of another unit and so there should be minimum noise disturbance at night giving guests a quiet sleep at night. At hotels, you may also hear guests walking in the corridor, elevators opening and closing and housekeeping carts moving around every morning. Many of our guests enjoy their stay at our condo suites rather than hotels as the condos provide a home away home setup with full privacy and direct entrance.

Best Regards,
Jay

Reviewed 26 April 2017

The Ontario Volleyball Association booked 3 nights for 13 of us. We had a blast! Instead of staying in a hotel and having to assemble in someone's room, this was a perfect spot. We were able to lounge in the common area, hang out and socialize. Of course the added benefit was having a full kitchen which allowed us to bring some groceries for our meals throughout the day. The rooms were very nice and comfortable. There are a few single rooms, doubles and even a suite. The Boardwalk Homes is situated in a beautiful neighbourhood with lots of shopping and stores near by. We are 15 minutes away from RIM Park in Waterloo which is perfect. I highly recommend this place. We are looking forward to returning over the next few weekends! You will love it. Andrew

Room Tip: 4 full bathrooms
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business
BoardwalkHomes, Administration Staff at Boardwalk Homes Executive Guest Houses & SUITES!, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2017

Hi Andrew,

It has been our great pleasure to host the Ontario Volleyball Association here in Boardwalk Homes executive guest houses. We strive to make the accommodations comfortable and remarkable to every team member. Thank you for taking your time and writing us an affirmative review.

Wish you and your team all the best.

Best Regards,
Zoe

Reviewed 21 April 2017

We stayed at Boardwalk Executive Homes for 3 nights in Kitchener-Waterloo. The house was clean, organized and easy to self check-in as they provide all the instructions via email before your arrival. House has a shared working kitchen with dishwasher, fridge, freezer, plus laundry room, large screen TVs, and fireplace. Bedrooms are all individually, access controlled with keys. The house is very conveniently located to a major shopping area, and university but placed on a quiet residential street. The Administration were quick to answer any questions or provide assistance. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Sabrestorm
BoardwalkHomes, Front Office Manager at Boardwalk Homes Executive Guest Houses & SUITES!, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2017

Hi Sabrestorm,

Thank you for staying with Boardwalk Homes.

We are excited that you enjoyed your stay at our place. It's great that you shared such a nice review at TripAdvisor so other guests know more about our accommodation and service.

Hope to host you again soon.

Warmest regards
Doris

Reviewed 29 January 2017

My husband and I with my dear dog visited our son in the week. I booked 7 nights in Boardwalk Homes. When I did the check in and went into the house, the facilities were clean and room was nicely decorated and comfortable. check in process was so easy, private and safe. The location is really convenient for us to reach to Waterloo university and other facilities all within less than 10 minutes' drive. Another surprise is there is a trail behind the house where we walked the dog so happy every day just like at home. The enjoyable experience will definitely make me come back in the near future. Rosie

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family
BoardwalkHomes, Front Office Manager at Boardwalk Homes Executive Guest Houses & SUITES!, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2017

Hi Rosie,

Thank you for choosing to stay at one of our one bedroom condos. Great to know that you have enjoyed your stay at the condo. We really appreciate your nice review giving detailed information about our condo to other visitors of KW.

Hope to host you again in the future.

Best regards
Doris

Reviewed 15 January 2017 via mobile

I booked one room for 2 nights. The facilities were clean and nicely decorated. The "check in" process was seamless as a code was emailed to me the day before for the door. The kind administration gave me a free upgrade to a bigger room and a private bathroom. The prices were reasonable and the house was very quiet despite others being there. I will book here again!

Stayed: January 2017, travelled solo
BoardwalkHomes, Manager at Boardwalk Homes Executive Guest Houses & SUITES!, responded to this reviewResponded 17 January 2017

Hi Sarah,
Glad to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us at our Guest house. We will continue to keep up the high quality of customer service, cleanliness and communication to ensure comfort during guests' stay with us.

Thank you for giving us a perfect rating and for recommending our Guest house to other travelers. I hope your next stay is just around the corner. Call us if there is anything we can help you with.

Thanks again for choosing Boardwalk Homes in the first place.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Kitchener
9.6 km away
Holiday Inn Kitchener
#6 of 14 in Kitchener
3.8 km away
Delta Hotels by Marriott Waterloo

Been to Boardwalk Homes Executive Guest Houses & SUITES!? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Boardwalk Homes Executive Guest Houses & SUITES!

Address: Countrystone Dr., Kitchener, Ontario N2N 3R9, Canada
Region: Canada > Ontario > Region of Waterloo > Kitchener
Bar / Lounge Business Centre with Internet Access Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Kitchenette Suites
Ranked #4 of 8 B&Bs / Inns in Kitchener
Price Range: €43 - €517 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:4 star — Boardwalk Homes Executive Guest Houses & SUITES! 4*
Boardwalk Homes brand-new spacious executive guest houses are ideally located in a quiet residential area in Kitchener-Waterloo, yet with essential amenities nearby, and only 5 km to the Universities and RIM campus. Our guest houses are professionally designed with modern interiors and furnishings. There is over 3000sqft living space in each house, with 3+ floors, 4 common/living areas, free hi-speed wireless internet and cable TV, beautiful fireplace, high-end fully equipped kitchen, laundry facilities, and an outdoor deck. A self-catered full breakfast is provided.Room rates range from $69-99 per night plus tax, for standard bedrooms with shared bath to large bedrooms, king-size bed and private en-suite. Also, private self-contained luxury suites opening Fall 2011! ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Ebookers, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK) and Booking.com so you can book your Boardwalk Homes Executive Guest Houses & SUITES! reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Boardwalk Homes Executive Guest Houses & SUITES! Kitchener, Canada - Ontario