All reviews conestoga accommodation amenities rates highway hilton
Reviewed 19 May 2018

I was at the Residence and Conference Center with my family in May, 2018, and felt really welcome by staff. They have laundry facilities, microwave, big TV and fridge in rooms. Spacious rooms with good eateries within walking distance. The manager was exceptionally nice.The rates were affordable as well.

Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Holli d, Manager at Residence & Conference Centre - Kitchener-Waterloo, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2018

Hello Katheee, thank you for taking the time to provide a review regarding your recent stay. Feedback is extremely valuable to us, as we strive to improve with each and every stay. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us last month. We aim to make our guest experience as comfortable and enjoyable as possible and appreciate the time you taken to notice. We hope to welcome you back again! Thank you

Reviewed 22 August 2017 via mobile

NO lamps. clerk clueless towels threadbare vents dirty 2 twin beds is college res for school travelers in summer. don't stay here no care to vacationers and same cost as other hotels not fit for your kids

Date of stay: August 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Holli d, Manager at Residence & Conference Centre - Kitchener-Waterloo, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2017

Thank you for taking the time to provide a review regarding your recent stay. Your feedback is extremely valuable to us, as we strive to improve with each and every stay.

We are sorry to hear that your stay wasn’t up to ours, or your, expectations. We are always working on improving all aspects of our business and your feedback is important to us.

I will bring this feedback to our director to review with our housekeeping company and maintenance staff.

If you'd like the opportunity to further discuss your experience with you, I can be reached directly at (519) 895 2272 x 102 or can be reached by e-mail hdelange@stayrcc.com.

I do hope you will give us a second chance and stay with us again. I know your next visit will be much more comfortable & enjoyable.

Reviewed 21 August 2017

I booked a group of 15 rooms here for 8 days, for our U14 Softball Team coming out form Saskatchewan for the Canadian National Championships earlier this month. I dealt first of all with Holly from the time of booking in April and she then handed everything over to Linda and Mallory to see the booking through as she was on her MAT Leave. All three ladies could not have been more helpful - with everything from ensuring our party had the correct room types, to being as close together as possible to never seeming to mind when some of the boys (and parents!) seemed to constantly (and I mean CONSTANTLY) lose our keys!
The accommodation was all that we needed for a team such as ours - we did the research unlike some people who have posted negative reviews on here. We knew it was a dorm residence, we knew it had basic amenities and that was what we expected going in. The huge laundry facility was a MUST for us with washing softball uniforms daily - clean, well kept, functional and pleasantly cool! The group cooking and dining area were great for us but sadly we weren't able to make use of it too much due to the timings of our games. The kitchen however was very dirty upon arrival and sadly, the sinks never were un-blocked during our time there - not an issue for us as we ended up just having one meal there and we ordered in for that.
Some of our rooms did have some maintenance issues and some of those issues were resoled in a timely manner and some were not - the major one being with my air conditioning that did not work. I reported it daily and it wasn't until the Sunday morning after I had checked in the prior Monday, that I was told that a part was needed and it would be in the next day - however, that was the day we were checking out. I do not feel the need to slander the hotel on this forum because of it - the AC didn't work, I reported it, it didn't get fixed - that's the end of it. No need to "shame" anyone on here because of it...........it was warm, but not unbearable.
It should be noted - and passed on to the team - that above all, what stood out most was the incredibly friendly staff - from housekeeping to Front Desk to the sales team I mentioned above. The Front Desk ladies had a very pleasant attitude every time we saw them and assisted us with dining reservations for the team, and helping us organize other things to do.
I give a 5 star review because we got everything we expected. If people give a 1 star review and then mention that it looked like a College Dorm and was very basic - that's because it IS a college dorm AND very basic and if they didn't know that, it's their own fault for not researching.

Room tip: Open concept rooms have been renovated; 2 rooms suites have not yet been renovated
  • Trip type: Travelled with family

Thank you very much for writing such an informative review. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay. We aim to make our guest experience as comfortable and enjoyable as possible and appreciate the time you taken to notice.

We hope to welcome you back again! Thank you

Reviewed 15 August 2017

My wife and I stayed for only one night. It is a student residence and has that appearance in every way. Because it is new, it is in reasonable condition, but there are no aesthetic frills - rather sparse actually. However, we found the room to be clean, well facilitated - fridge, microwave, large flat screen tv. All the amenities of a mid-range hotel/motel were offered in the bathroom. Bedside lighting was non-existent, and the air conditioner struggled to achieve ‘coolness’. The beds were medium-firm. The room layout was more spacious than most hotel rooms. Parking was plentiful, and check-in was easy. The common areas - hallways, lobby, elevators etc. did show wear and tare typical of a student residence. There are not a lot of services within walking distance, The location is easily accessed from the 401 Highway, but access from the opposite side of the City is very difficult due to a ‘road closure’ on Fountain Street for which there is no detour signage. For a visitor to the city, this made finding the residence VERY difficult. We experienced no noise problems at all. The facility is NOT close to Kitchener city-center. If you are just travelling by on the 401 - this is a great location….. Not so good if you are wanting local services.

Room tip: Access via 401 Highway... Fountain Ave is currently closed for construction
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 June 2017

I basically had to stay here for a conference and had high hopes for the room as I told my room had been upgraded. The room felt dirty immediately as I walked in, real dirty. There was beverage splashes all over the door that had not been wiped down. The fridge had splashes inside. The floor felt dirty. I was nervous to use the bedding and towels. The bathroom felt gross. To top it all off, I used one of the towels on the very last day and a ball of dark hair was stuck inside the towel. Disgusting! This is clearly college dorm and I would not recommend every staying here. We paid $100 a night, and seriously this should be considered a hostel type hotel where you pay $20 bucks a night to stay.

Room tip: Don't stay here!
Date of stay: June 2017