See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 18 March 2018

Overall, we were quite pleased with our stay at the Embassy Motel.

The washroom in our room was nicely updated and included a very nice soaker tub.
Another nice touch was the inclusion of a full fridge, along with a microwave.

Nothing special, but clean and a good choice for the budget conscious. We would stay here again.

Room tip: Choose a room away from the road.
Date of stay: March 2018
1  Thank SteveB15
Reviewed 12 April 2017 via mobile

Overall much better than the other cheap motels in Kitchener ... Have smoking rooms but walls are thin fridge and great tv channels very close to movie theatre and fast food or restaurants shopping right there too

Date of stay: March 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank LauraD512
Reviewed 24 July 2016

My girlfriend and I were in town for her friend's birthday and we were looking for an inexpensive place to spend the night as she did not want to stay at her friend's place. She left me to choose the hotel and was initially put off when she saw my choice. Really, is it even possible to get a decent place for $80?

We checked in and the owner was extremely friendly. Our room (number 19, right on the end) was extremely clean and cool with the air conditioner. We took our shoes off and the carpet felt cleaner than the carpet in dozens of upper-class hotels I've stayed in previously. Although our room was the closest one to the roadway, there was no unbearable noise (and with the windows closed there was hardly any noise whatsoever). The bathroom was bright and clean and the room was spacious, with a nicely-sized TV and good quality air conditioning.

We got back to the room at around 11pm and the parking lot was extremely well-lit and nothing felt unsafe. Our room was quiet and our sleep was outstanding. The morning came quick enough and we handed our keys to the extremely friendly housekeeping lady as we left.

I have zero complaints to say about this place. Really, I would pay $100 for this room but I don't want the price to go up from what it is because it's so convenient. I would say that there's enough parking for at least two cars/room and I'm sure you could request to have a room near the back of the building if you wanted a bit more quiet (and to utilize the green space and nice gardens).

I've found our new go-to place when we need somewhere to stay in Waterloo (as we're both alum from nearby universities) and I also got to say 'I told you so' because I made a great room choice.

Date of stay: July 2016
5  Thank Jordan B
Reviewed 16 June 2016

Has pretty good location.(close to Landmark cinemas ,Indigo and Starbucks)Too much noise from the refrigerator but amenities are enough for me.I definitely won't stay if I travel with my family.Staff was friendly

Date of stay: June 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 1 May 2016

The customer service was horrible staked there a bunch of times and she still charged us for late check out, after couple times had issues with prostitutes in and outta rooms when we made a noise complaint we were informed that they only had room for couple hours. The bath mats were ripped and the towels were stained and the room was not throughly cleaned condoms left in rooms and lots of dirt in various places, the handle broke on door when we reported they said they would look at it later and never did

Date of stay: April 2016