“Excellent food worth trying!”

Rustico Kitchen and Bar
Ranked #58 of 574 Restaurants in Kitchener
Reviewed 2 October 2017 via mobile

We went for dinner with friends on Sunday nite. Most people were on the patio but we opted to eat inside. It was not that busy and we had to wait about 15 mins for our drinks to come. We tried the Arancino and polenta fries for appetizers. Both were delicious. Pizza was excellent as well as was the gnocchi. Chicken wings were ok and the flank steak was tender. No room for dessert. Will definitely go back.

Reviewed 17 September 2017

Four of us went for dinner at this recently opened restaurant. One was vegetarian and one was dairy free vegetarian. I had messaged them on facebook to see if they had much on the menu to chose from and they responded very quickly that they could. We started with 2 apps - Gnocci Poutine and Brushetta. The poutine was excellent. The bruschetta was served with the parmesan on the side. Two of our party ordered pizza, one salami and the other Mediterranean. The crust on the pizzas looked very good. The salami pizza looked a bit greasy. One person ordered the mushroom tagliatelle which she loved and had leftovers to take home. I ordered the special - lemon pepper pickerel served with root vegetable slaw and fries. The fish was nicely cooked but I found it a bit bland. The slaw was very good and the fries were excellent. As there was no dairy free option for dessert we passed. Total bill for four (2 apps, 3 drinks and 4 mains) was about $130 tax included. I would definitely return.

Reviewed 4 September 2017

My wife and I have been to this place numerous times. Food is very good and the service is awesome. Outdoor patio is a nice area to sit and lots of seating inside as well. Prices are very reasonable. Will keep on going back.

1  Thank Mike H
Reviewed 31 August 2017

Just had dinner here and I cannot say enough wonderful things about the experience! The four of us thoroughly enjoyed each mouthful we ate. It was cooked to perfection and the service is very friendly and helpful. They have a great outdoor patio with lounge area as well. The food was fresh, hot and very tasty. I fully recommend making a visit to this wonderful restaurant. Prices are very decent as well.

Reviewed 30 August 2017 via mobile

We had a fabulous experience at this restaurant. There were four of us, celebrating a birthday. Our server was engaging and efficient. Any questions we posed were immediately answered or she found the response and reported back.

Appetizers were excellent....a charcuterie platter for two, generous in portions, a good variety and quality products. Bruschetta and arancini, both large portions, pleasant presentation and tasty. The arribiatta sauce was a little milder than expected but still tasty.

Mains....spaghetti carbonara.....so nice to find a simple authentic serving. Lots of pancetta and parmigiana with just the right amount of egg yolk. Pasta was cooked to perfection.

Steak and fries...let's just say the plate almost got licked! Steak cooked perfectly.

Gnocchi and chicken....generous, creamy, very tasty and again, prepared perfectly. And finally mushroom tagliatelle....perfectly cooked pasta, loads of mushrooms with a creamy tasty sauce.

I personally did not eat dessert BUT.....the Belgium gelato, tiramisu cheesecake and the chocolate brownie were devoured and all three exclaimed they were "fabulous".

Will definitely return when I am next in the area.

1  Thank RandolphK59