Lowest prices for your stay
US$98
US$121
US$97
SAVE US$24
Free cancellation until 22/05/21
Reserve now, pay at stay
WyndhamUS$98
Expedia.comUS$97
StayForLongUS$121
All reviews front desk spacious room pool area yogurt mini fridge short drive cleanliness penetanguishene ontario
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 September 2020

Effortless check-in. The room was clean, really lovely, and very comfortable. Even in times of COVID-19, the service was great, there was a nice breakfast on offer despite the need for additional safety measures (bagged breakfast items, individually served coffee and juice). The staff were very friendly and helpful.

Date of stay: August 2020
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 25 August 2020

Wow. I paid by debit for 2 nights. Checked out. Everything fine. Then a week later I see 700$ (3 extra nights) charged to the credit card they had on file. Took about 15 calls to the front desk to realize no one knows a thing (Sonu was especially rude and accused me of making fun of his accent?). I was told the charges were for nights that were a week after I checked out!

A few of the staff were difficult to talk with and kept arguing with me and asking me the same questions over and over. Something is wrong with their filing system if they think I stayed 3 extra nights on a separate week. Sonu even said he would reverse the charges (after lots of "investigation") and it never happened! Had to finally call my bank to get the charges reversed.

Worst hotel experience to date. No one cares that I was overcharged by $700 and they keep arguing with me. Are you people crazy? Fire Sonu!!

Reviewed 20 August 2020

The lady at the front desk, name was ally I believe. was very rude and tried turning us away saying there were no rooms but other people were aloud to walk in and get a room. Didn’t seem to know what she was doing at all and just wasn’t happy at all. She was no help in any aspect and I just felt very under appreciated with everything going on. I hope they can retrain this girl to make things better other than that everything was amazing the girl Kayla in the morning when we checked out was great and the hosuekeepers did a great job.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 19 August 2020

The Super 8 is a nice hotel and we were happy with our stay. Keep in mind we visited during Covid-19 so our stay may not be typical. Check in was in-person and fairly quick, we still had to sign and pay so it wasn’t completely contactless but the check-in agent was polite and professional. I asked a few questions about the area and the person was knowledgeable and helpful.

Our room was clean and comfortable. It was a pretty standard two queen room with a tv, microwave, and mini-fridge. A small two person table and chairs was helpful when eating. Bathroom was standard and clean but could use a new coat of paint. Our main issue with the room is it wasn’t very soundproof and we could hear other travellers snoring or chatting. Not a big deal but it was still noticeable.

We didn’t use the amenities but it has an indoor pool, fitness room, and laundry facilities. We did try their breakfast but, because of Covid, it wasn’t that great. Pre-packaged bagels and muffins, two kinds of cold cereal, yogurt, and fruit. It was also tough to social distance in the small area but all the patrons did their best. Trays were provided to bring breakfast to the rooms but there weren’t enough and they weren’t always clean.

We were happy with our stay. We feel they did their best during the pandemic and I couldn’t have asked for much more.

Reviewed 8 August 2020

I was in Midland on business on Aug 06, 2020 and decided to spend the night for a follow up meeting the following morning. I did not have a reservation. I looked for hotels on Expedia and found a decent hotel called Super 8 by Wyndham that had availability. I drove to the hotel. It was 3:30 pm. I walked in and asked the young agent at the counter if they had availability for the night. Without batting an eyelid she said "no, we are fully booked". I said "thank you" and walked out. I got in my car and booked a room on Expedia. I went back in and asked her if she can see my reservation through Expedia. She said it will take 15 minutes or so. I asked her how Expedia had rooms while she did not. She said she had no idea how these things worked.

I went back to my car and walked back in at 4:00 pm. There were two other people in the line up then. The lady in front of me in the line up was Caucasian with a child and she walked up to the reception (now there were two agents at the reception) and said she did not have a booking, but wondered if a room was available. She was offered a room without any hesitation. I checked into the hotel and asked the agent who had told me they were fully booked how come there is a room available now. The young agent said "she had a reservation". I said "no, I heard the entire conversation". Then the agent who checked in the lady in the line in front of me heard the question and came over. She said "I will investigate". The hotel phone rang at the same time and that agent took the call. Now I am back with the agent who had checked me in. She said "we are backed up with house keeping and there were no rooms available when you came in". I do not believe that because she did not check the system when I walked in. There is CCTV footage of the interaction at the times listed above which I hope Wyndham HQ will review and see how the interaction went. If there are no rooms, but there are room to be cleaned, the normal response would have been "we are still busy cleaning rooms and can offer you a room in 20 minutes or half an hour". Normally they would offer a complimentary drink while the customer waited. I have been traveling the world for 30+ years and have never experienced anything this humiliating ever before, and that too in my own country!

The other agent realized that they had messed up and offered me an upgrade which I am grateful for, but that does not change the fact that I was clearly discriminated against because of my color. It made me feel inferior and like an out cast. There is no place for this treatment in a country as multi-cultural as Canada. Almost two hours later when I walked by the reception, they were still accepting people who had no reservations.

I have formally filed a complaint with the Wyndham group and Human Rights Tribunal in Ontario and am waiting to hear back.

I must add that the room had a facial remover on the floor behind the trash can under the sink. The cleaning staff obviously did not do a very good job.

Please avoid this hotel if you are a person of color. I don't know if this is systemic or just in Midland.

Room tip: Rooms are good, but your luck lies in not having a family with kids right above you!!!
  • Trip type: Travelled on business