All reviews muskoka chairs queen room georgian bay fruit platter view of the bay beautiful property gracious hosts gourmet breakfast georgian suite watch the sunrise eggs benedict french toast each morning home made on display private bathroom highly recommend this b b
Reviewed 8 August 2017

Our stay at Beacon Shore B&B was wonderful. Jacquie and Bob are excellent hosts that ensure your ever need is attended. Jacquie is an accomplished photographer, which easily explain why the accommodations and grounds are picture perfect. The Georgian Bay Suite is large enough to include a separate sitting area with both couch and table for two! The view outside the window to the bay is breathtaking and we could not wait to spend some quiet time on the private dock. Jacquie is an excellent chief! The food is fresh, made to order and allows dietary adjustments. The bread for the french toast is homemade! YUM! We are hard pressed to pick our favorite dish. It is a quick car ride to Midland and Penetanguishene which offers many beaches, boat cruises, walking tours and pubs if you need a little excitement. This was the first time we have stayed at a B&B and I am confident the Beacon Shore B&B has set the bar very high. High praise for the entire experience and the fabulous hosts.

Room Tip: Georgian Bay Suite is very large plus a 2 person soaker tub, 2 person shower and 2 sinks. So much space!
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 July 2017

My wife and I had a fantastic time staying for 3 nights at Jacqui and Bob's B&B on the shores of Georgian Bay. The breakfast starts off with a plate of fresh fruit, and is then followed by a delicious main dish made from scratch by Jacqui.

Jacqui and Bob provide good suggestions for local restaurants based on their customers' comments. They also have a book listing the attractions nearby which we found useful.

Their home is spacious and the grounds have a beautiful garden along with a view of Georgian Bay.

We highly recommend their B&B.

Reviewed 27 July 2017

My husband and I celebrated our 25th wedding anniversary a day early at this beautiful B&B. We had the basement suite, which we were very pleasantly surprised to find out we pretty much had the entire basement to ourselves. The king-sized bed was super comfortable. The private bathroom was large and fantastic. There was even a sitting room and a full fridge/freezer we could use. We loved the short walk to the private beach where muskoka chairs waited for us on the pier, and we enjoyed our picnic dinner in the muskoka chairs in front of the property with a gorgeous lake view, while listening and dancing to the portable music my husband brought. The next morning we thoroughly enjoyed a gourmet breakfast of fresh fruit salad, followed by french toast on homemade cinnamon bread with maple syrup for my hubby and eggs benedict for me. Our stay could not have been more perfect! Thank you Jackie for hosting us on this very special occasion. We'll be back!

Room Tip: If a water view is important to you, ask for a room upstairs. If you want a lot of space and very private, take the basement suite.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
BeaconShoreBB, Owner at Beacon Shore Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2017

Dear Linda,
Thank you for your kind review! We were happy to be your accommodation of choice for your 25th anniversary and pleased that you enjoyed The King Suite's privacy for your stay. Breakfasts are special here, and we appreciate your noticing these details, especially coming from the hospitality milieu yourselves.
Best,
Jacquie

Reviewed 16 July 2017

My husband and stayed at Beacon Shore over the Canada Day weekend, which was also our anniversary, and we only have positive things to say about the place and the hospitality of the hosts. The property is immaculate with a scenic view of Georgian Bay and complete with Jacquie's beautiful gardens. The home decor has received the utmost attention and the guest rooms are very comfortable and clean. Jacquie gives the same expert care to her home and her guests as she does her amazing photography, which is displayed in the guest areas. Breakfast at Beacon Shore is more than one would expect from a B & B as we were invited to choose from several home-made, delicious selections. Jacquie and Bob were very hospitable hosts, helping us to choose activities and providing us with any information we required. We will definitely return to Beacon Shore!

Reviewed 9 July 2017

I haven't used a B&B before, with the exception of one night in a Plantation in Virginia with my parents 30 years ago, and feel I probably started at the top with Beacon Shore B&B! As a frequent business traveller, I am a little leery of using a B&B for personal travel. I am used to convenient and consistent when I travel anywhere. After staying in many hotel brands, I know what I like and expect that to happen everywhere I stay. So, this felt like a risk to me, in staying at a B&B. It was a surprise for my wife to go away for a weekend, and i thought I would try something different. When I emailed Beacon Shore, I was quite pleased with how particular Jackie and Bob were - I assumed it meant they were detail focused and I hoped it would translate into a pleasant stay. I have to say I was still very pleasantly surprised. Jackie and Bob were excellent hosts and truly welcomed us into their immaculate home. The accommodations were excellent and we both felt so welcomed and the focus of their attention and expertise. Like staying at a boutique hotel in many ways. Jackie was a great advisor , as she explained the area attractions and her personal favorites. After following her suggestions, we had a simply wonderful, relaxing and enjoyable weekend. The area attractions we visited fit our needs and Jackie was very helpful in directing me to some great locations to eat based on what we described to be our preferences. The breakfast, often where hotels fall flat, was simply excellent and a great start to our days. With a menu of choices, we each tried something different each day, and thoroughly enjoyed our meals. Naturally, the other guests we met, had all been there before and returned to experience Beacon Shores B&B again..... as will we! Truly a lovely experience, a beautiful and well maintained property, and managed with great care and attention to all the details. It was a great experience at a reasonable price and I recommend this property to anyone visiting the area. Thanks again, Jackie and Bob, you helped us create some great memories together. Mike & Shelley

Room Tip: The very large room on the lower level, was very private and so very comfortable
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple