“Great Meal!”

Shorty's Grill
Ranked #4 of 78 Restaurants in Owen Sound
Price range: US$8 - US$40
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Since 1996 Shorty's has been the area favourite for food and hospitality. We are known for our flavourful homemade food and comfortable, relaxing atmosphere. Your experience at Shorty's will be one to remember. From the moment you walk in the door you are greeted by a smile and our friendly staff will raise the bar for exceptional service. Our menu will have your mouth watering and leave you trying to decide what to order first, and also planning on what to try in future visits. We have the largest selection of fine wines from around the globe, as well as a wide selection of fine scotch's and whiskey's. We also boast the largest selection of draught beer in the area. Whether you're out for a business lunch, family dinner, or with friends for a drink, watching the big game on one of our six big screen televisions, it will be an experience that will bring you back again and again. For a special event or party we also offer a private room to accommodate you.
Reviewed 16 August 2020

Taylor was our waitress. We started off with a round of drinks which were delivered as ordered. A couple of appetizers (Saganaki & Spinach and Artichoke dip) which were okay. We all ordered different meals and they were quite well received. Unfortunately, we had to ask for steak knives (three of our party had ordered steak). We also had to request salt & pepper. Ketchup came in some chintzy plastic packages. This really did not sit well with me. I do realize that COVID is something which we are forced to deal with, but lacking knives and condiments should have nothing to do with this issue. Therefore, I have to say that the service was no acceptable. I am know to be an above average tipper. With my bill of about $245, I left Taylor $20. She lost out on @ least $30. We did enjoy the patio.

Date of visit: August 2020
Write a reviewReviews (439)

Reviewed 15 August 2020 via mobile

Taylor our server was amazing. The appetizers were terrific too! Fish tacos, and bacon wrapped scallops. We were expecting the entrees to follow suit. Not the case. However management did rectify things. All a fair outing.

Reviewed 15 August 2020 via mobile

Just over 4 years ago I was diagnosed with cancer. Came to Owen Sound to reflect and determine my options.
Was recently told I am in remission.

My partner and I journeyed back to Owen Sound to vacation and celebrate.

Amanda made our celebration so much more special!

She helped us select a delightful wine then to top it off introduced me to a wonderful Caesar , her specialty made with tequila. It was wonderful.

It should be a specialty drink there.

The burger was delicious and made with the modifications I needed, side effect from my cancer treatment.
Presented beautifully.

Thank you Amanda!

Terri

Reviewed 12 January 2020

I found the service less than acceptable. I ordered calamari as an appetizer. No sauce! My main was the special for the evening, chicken wings. It came with 2 sauces, but NO carrots or celery, which is the norm. also the food was not hot. I had to ask twice for extra napkins (a must with chicken wings). My friend did enjoy her food, though. Personally thought the waiting staff were either not properly trained or didn't care about delivering good service. The restaurant was busy, but that's no excuse for food delivered luke-warm. Also, the accommodations for group were not what I expected. There was no way one could meet new people in this venue. Wouldn't go back.

Date of visit: January 2020
1  Thank Geoff R
Reviewed 2 January 2020

A good, casual place to go before the hockey game. Food and service was good. From the prime rib, wings, salad and fries.

Date of visit: December 2019