“Small, out of the way place and more than worth it!”
Review of Norma Jean's

Norma Jean's
Ranked #4 of 105 Restaurants in Owen Sound
Price range: US$4 - US$22
Cuisines: Delicatessen, Cafe, Gastropub, Fusion
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Norma Jean's opened it's doors in 1984 and has been a local favourite for 30 years. Offering a wide range of food and brews/spirits for every walk of life. Drawing inspiration from many cultures and culinary styles. Norma Jean's also includes daily lunch and dinner features created by the amazing team of chefs dwelling in the closet... Uh hum, I mean kitchen!
Reviewed 18 September 2017

Went for lunch, there was just the two of us, and we found this place by mistake really. It is a bit off the main drag, and does not look like much, but I am so glad we dropped by. The menu was posted outside and that convinced me to give it a try. I had grilled cheese which consisted of smoked cheddar, cheddar and feta cheese with pear slices. My side choice was a chicken corn chowder. So very delicious. My guest had a burger that was equally delicious and a large serving. It is licensed and a white wine spritzer was a perfect addition to my luncheon. Price point was great and the service was prompt, polite and such a refreshing change from the chain restaurants. If you find yourself in Owen Sound, please make the effort. I don't think you will be disappointed.

1  Thank cathyv29

Reviewed 18 September 2017 via mobile

Norma Jean's has the local beer Kilannan on tap. This is a great way to start any meal. The calimari appetizer was as good as I have ever had anywhere. We had the salmon and the pork diablo. Both were nicely presented and well prepared. It is so rare to thoroughly enjoy a meal out where everything gets done well. Highly recommended.

1  Thank Peter T
Reviewed 15 September 2017 via mobile

This restaurant came recommended. The food was wholesome and tasted good without the usual oversize load of a meal were coming to expect in Canada when we waste so much of it.

Reviewed 13 September 2017

This restaurant is well established has a wonderful autmosphere. Menu plus daily specials recommend reservations for dinner usually always room for lunch. Awesome staff great food. Small bar great drinks

Reviewed 29 August 2017

Small local place, the food was excellent, the service very good and was walking distance from where we stayed

1  Thank rml612