Lowest prices for your stay
US$79
SAVE US$18
PricelineUS$79
Hotels.comUS$79
HurbUS$96
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 15 August 2020

Worst experience ever. The GSA Tanya was very rude with me and my friends while checking in. She checked me in into some other person's room just because we have the same last name. Myself being a manager in a hotel in Toronto was not expecting this while checking in. We had three different rooms booked in three different names. I was called from my room in the middle of the night to sort out the issue. First I checked into my room, later when my other friends came to check in into their rooms, they were told by here that two rooms were already checked in by me which was incorrect. She started yelling and arguing with my friend. I understand it was a sold out night for the hotel but it doesn't means the GSA behaving unprofessionally. Banging the keyboard in front of guests, she literally banged the reg. card in front of me to sign in. such an unprofessional behavior is not appreciated in front of someone who also works in a hotel (which she knew, i introduced myself to her). We stayed there on Aug 08, for one night. Will never think of going back there ever. Thanks to Tanya!!

Reviewed 12 August 2020

Worst experience ever. 1st of all, Hotel owner has no concept of information privacy of customers. she gave my personal info to friends who where staying there at same time as us, just because she was unable to contact me. when i got in touch with her, she was extremely rude and was threatening to cancel my reservation.

2nd Issue was that when i got to the hotel to check in they had given my room to someone else, because the other guest had the same last name as mine but not the first name. which they should have noticed as they where asking for ID from everyone who checks in. which took them over an hour to sort out.

3rd. Rooms where completely under par, for what we paid, as there was a broken down microwave that did not work, the mini fridge was turned off, NO Toiletries in the bathroom and only 1 little face towel.

4th. As per reservation terms, I was allowed to pay at checkout with other acceptable forms of payment, but during check out they told me that they had already charged my credit card the day before, and was told too bad but that is the was the owner likes it.

So basically I will never use their hotel again and i don't recommend them either. I am sure there is plenty of other good hotels in Owen Sound that could use the business.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 3 August 2020 via mobile

Overall it’s a nice hotel but the receptionist was very rude. She Gave attitude for no reason and was yelling at my family and i for asking if there was an elevator. She Could have just nicely said no. Ruined my family’s day.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 17 February 2020

So bad. No heat on when arrived. I mean no heat. It took a full day for the room to heat up after they gave us an electric heater. I shoveled the back stairs since management is too lazy to get it done. Balcony door didn't lock. Breakers blew three times. Breakfast was less than subpar. Staff tried but not much they could do. The place is in such a state of disrepair. We looked for another place after half day but all were sold out. So we sucked it up and strayed. Take slippers and flip flops for shower if you stay here. Floors are gross.

Date of stay: February 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
travelodgemngr1, Manager at Travelodge by Wyndham Owen Sound, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2020

I am very sorry to hear of your experience and I do apologize. We do try to get the heat on in the rooms before a guest checks in, however your check in was very early which did not allow the time to do so. Management is not lazy, we were as you noticed VERY busy and it is hard to get everything done when you are so busy. Getting rooms ready is priority at that time of day. The breaker issues are from the space heaters and we are trying to come up with a solution.
Again, I do apologize for your experience.

Reviewed 23 December 2019

great place to go to i would send every one i know to there cause of it being friendly staff and kind caring when we were signing in couldnt ask for nicer people there thanks for being there and keeping the price affortable for us

Date of stay: December 2019