Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
View deal
Expedia.comUS$123
PricelineUS$123
getaroom.comUS$128
All reviews room was clean comfortable stay free breakfast coffee maker cereal patio tobermory sauble washroom
Selected filters
Reviewed 8 April 2021

During a fall getaway to Owen Sound we choses to stay at the Comfort Inn. The staff were pleasant and friendly and conscientious of Covid protocols . Our room was clean and tidy and everything worked as it should. It was well stocked and very quiet. As breakfast cannot be currently served in the usual breakfast area we were given a " bagged snack "...consisting of a muffin , juice , cereal bar , apple sauce and fruit cup. It was enough to get us going in the morning and we should be thankful they even gave us that during these stressful times. Some people expect too much ! We are picky about our rooms and make sure they are clean and up to date but we realize also that we are living in a different time right now and do not complain about a " bagged breakfast "...I mean really guys...why would you ! If you don't like , don't take it ! It's as simple as that .

Date of stay: November 2020
1  Thank Louise D
Reviewed 27 August 2020

Pros:

- relatively inexpensive
- friendly staff
- some recent cosmetic renovations
- bed was comfortable
- BBQ and picnic tables available to use since dining room wasnt open due to covid

Cons:

- room was damp. Needs a dehumidifier or a better reno. Our clothes were damp just hanging in the closet and towels weren't dry after hanging all day. Room had a damp smell
- room wasnt clean. We expect a clean room, especially during covid. There was dried food in the microwave, sand on the seat of the office chair, hair on the bathtub and toilet, dirt on the drapes, water stains on ceiling in bathroom
- sliding door didnt lock. There was a bar on the door to prevent anyone breaking in but there is a space between the door and the wall. Wouldn't be good in the winter
- outlet in bathroom kept resetting while using curling iron
- coffee maker didnt work
- poor lighting in the bathroom. It was so dark we had to use the mirror by the back door
- AC unit vent cover missing
- smoking on property was gross! Right in front of the doors
- hot breakfast wasnt available due to covid. Brown bag breakfast was available instead: muffins, apple sauce, fruit cup, Nutrigrain bar, juice box. Not great unless you're in Grade 3. Should have given out gift cards for Tim Horton's next door instead.

Would not recommend and would not stay again.

Date of stay: August 2020
Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank A N
Front Desk, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2020

Hello A N,

First, let me say thank you for taking the time out of your day to write a review in regards to your stay with us. We are always appreciative of everyone that does, so that we can make any necessary changes to ensure that all of our future visitors are comfortable.

I am happy to hear that my staff did their best to make you feel welcome, I will pass on this compliment to them.

I would like to apologize for any inconvenience you endured. I agree that some of our rooms have unfortunately been damp as of late. We have a crew scheduled to work on our roof and eavestroughs to start to combat this. For the electronics and coffee maker issues, I hope that you had a chance to talk to our Front Desk Staff about that so they could help you to get the issues fixed. If you didn't have a chance, please call the front desk so that we can know which room specifically had the issue so it can be resolved. We definitely want to fix this so no one else has to endure this hardship.

If there was someone smoking too close to your room, I would like to rely my sincere apologies. We have asked all guests to smoke at the designated smoking areas that are away from the building. There are ashtrays marking these areas.

Due to these unprecedented times we have had to make many changes to protect not only our guest but our staff as well. We at the Comfort Inn are following the lead of our Provincial and Federal Government as well as our head company Choice hotels, implementing solutions for the safety of everyone. We hope that this pandemic will clear up soon, and we can go back to normal as soon as possible. Due to Covid-19 we are unable to provide our hot buffet style breakfast. This will resume as soon as we get a clear direction from our public health department. As for now, it is considered a buffet, and they are not allowed. The bagged breakfast was designed to give everyone a better start to the day with ingredients that are wrapped.

We truly hope you give us a second chance in the future and again thank you for bringing these issues to our attentions.

Your Front Desk Management team.

Reviewed 27 August 2020

First day the young lady working at the front desk was helpful and recomended great things to do for our romantic trip to Owen Sound. Next day I walked into the lobby and witnessed the manager Kahlid loosing it on a woman for no reason, it seemed like he was yelling and trying to humiliate her to make a show in front of me, a female hotel guest. It was intimidating and upsetting. He was telling her to work as front of house for the hotel restaurant, serve guests in the restaurant and outside on the patio, as well as run into the lobby to pick up the phones. All during covid-19 when everything was extra spaced out. Later when he made a comment to me about my body I asked a younger staff who he was and I discovered he frequently abuses staff. The next day my boyfriend who is Black walked into the lobby from our room with no shoes on to ask if they had something like Tylenol because he had a headache. Khalid asked for his room key and ID to prove he was a guest and my boyfriend had to explain those things were in our room while multiple white families walked in the front door and past them to their rooms without being stopped. My boyfriend was told this is policy and the hotel is not a charity, they did not offer him directions to the pharmacy. I told another manager the next day what had happened and he said there is no such policy asking guests to see their hotel key and ID and he has never heard of that happening to anyone, especially a guest coming from their room (opposite direction of the front door). When I told him it was Khalid he basically said there's no point complaining guy's a dick. We moved to the little motel across the street and it was awesome!

Date of stay: July 2020
1  Thank lesliesZ2039ET

Hi LesliesZ2039ET,

I am soo sorry you have had to endure this terrible experience on what was supposed to be a romantic trip to our area. Unfortunately, this review is not supposed to be for our hotel. We have no one here by that name. There is another hotel in town that has a similar name to ours that is run by someone with that name.

If you have any questions, feel free to call our front desk. (519) 371-5500. My name is Cassie. I am the Front Desk Manager and we would be happy to have you here the next time you visit Owen Sound.

The Comfort Inn Team

Reviewed 18 August 2020

Lady at reception older firm lady other reviews referred to as mean. False. She and housekeeping lady shaved head were some of the sweetest people you could ask a favour from. I know I worked in the business. It’s one thing to offer stars another to hire passionate people. Again asked sweet lady for referral for breakfast .(No breakfast here due to Covid) She gave it. End result . Bang exactly what we wanted. Parking-ratty. Could see a cleanup. Picnic tables in parking lot a nice thought especially with covid. End result the gathering hoots made a lot of noise. Location is bang on. Perfect to Tobermory-Sauble Beach-Blue Mountain.Room was super clean. Had some fix ups to do. Not a deal killer. People at the hotel were the game changer.If you’re a shutter bug and want to complain about everything pay $200+ .IF you have and eye and ear for getting what you payed for then stay here. Rule number one treat other how you expect to be treated. Miracles will happen.
Thank you staff you did your job Band On!

Room tip: Be nice to all the staff. You get what u give. The downers are other guests.Not the staff of the hotel.
Date of stay: August 2020

Dear N6099AMclaudiar,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us. We appreciate all feedback. I have passed on your kind words to my staff, as well as your comments on this that can be improved.

We hope to see you again next time you visit the area and you can see some changes implemented!

Regards,

Cassie W.
Front Desk Manager

Reviewed 29 July 2020 via mobile

When I booked the room, I chose queen size bed. I looked at the size specifically which is 151cmx180cm. When I checked in, the beds are double size beds. I checked with the receptionist about the size. She showed me the double is their standard of queen and full is their standard of double. Very disappointing. Be very aware when you book your room here.

Date of stay: July 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank mirabelly09

mirabelly09,

I would first like to thank you for taking the time to write a review. We appreciate any and all feedback so that we can clear up misunderstandings for all of our future guests.

We are a franchised hotel under the umbrella of Choice Hotels. Because of this we need to meet certain standards and only order from certain suppliers. When we order our sheets for our beds, they are listed as "Microfiber Queen Deep Pocket Fitted Sheet, 60x80x12". This is a standard Queen size. I'm very sorry for for any confusion and encourage you to book a room with a King size bed next time to fit your needs.

We look forward to seeing you next time.

Cassie W.